Looking for hotel and shuttle from PIE to port of Tampa

den361

We are flying in to St. Pete/Clearwater airport (PIE) the day before our cruise leaves 7/3/11. Looking for a hotel and and shuttle. Found some hotels closer to the port of Tampa that offer free shuttle to the port, but would have to find a shuttle from airport to hotel. Any suggestions?

Rent a car and stay where you want. We recently cruised from Tampa and National car rental provided a free shuttle to the port from the TPA airport (about a 15 minute ride). Good luck! :)

This would be my suggestion, stay at a hotel in the Rocky Point area of Tampa. This would include the Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. These three hotels all offer shuttle service to and from the port as well as a nice breakfast and free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile radius. You would need to take a taxi from PIE to the hotel but this area is not too far. Just over the Bayside Bridge and Then over the Courtney Campbell Bridge. When the cruise is over, you could take the shuttle back to the hotel and then call a taxi to take you to PIE. I cannot recall any hotels near PIE that offer a shuttle to the port. The hired shuttle services and taxi fare would be very high. It would be cheaper to cab it to one of the RP hotels. Here is the ph number for the Pinellas yellow taxi 727-777-7777. You could call them and perhaps they could give you a ballpark idea of the fare.

Renting a car would also be a good idea too. If you used Hertz, you could return it to the Marriott Waterside in downtown Tampa. This hotel is only 2 blocks from the port so a taxi ride over would be very little.

Good luck to you. :)

BTW, PIE is a great little airport to fly into/out of.

We fly into TPA, but want to spend a few days in Clearwater before our cruise. Some of the Clearwater hotels seem to have vehicle-for-hire services to get you to/from the airports, but nothing to the port. Renting a car doesn't work for us because a short cab ride means uninstalling car seats from the rental and reinstalling in the cab :(

I haven't been able to find any limo or similar services serving the area on BBB. There must be something reputable...

We fly into TPA' date=' but want to spend a few days in Clearwater before our cruise. Some of the Clearwater hotels seem to have vehicle-for-hire services to get you to/from the airports, but nothing to the port. Renting a car doesn't work for us because a short cab ride means uninstalling car seats from the rental and reinstalling in the cab :(

I haven't been able to find any limo or similar services serving the area on BBB. There must be something reputable...[/quote']

Once you select the hotel you would like to stay at in Clearwater, call the hotel's direct number and speak to the concierge (or reception if they don't have one) and see what they can arrange for you.

My daughter had a phobia about taxis when she was a child but had no problem with a regular car or limo as long as there was no light on the top or grill/glass inside so I always made arrangements with the hotel. On many occasions they arranged rides that were the same price or less than a regular taxi would have cost.

and been burned badly. Our last cruise transportation done through a hotel recommended transfer service was over an hour late, didn't have the seatbelts required for my children and did an extra pick up when it was supposed to be a direct transfer. Considering my children were 3 and 5 at the time, I wasn't impressed :mad:

Now I try and find referrals on line before I book anything!

and been burned badly. Our last cruise transportation done through a hotel recommended transfer service was over an hour late' date=' didn't have the seatbelts required for my children and did an extra pick up when it was supposed to be a direct transfer. Considering my children were 3 and 5 at the time, I wasn't impressed :mad:

Now I try and find referrals on line before I book anything![/quote']

I guess I was just lucky.

I can understand your concerns. Hopefully, someone will chime in for you.

Below is my response to a similar ? in another thread

You can take the supershuttle from PIE to the Port of Tampa. Its not cheap but its direct. You can also take it to the hotels in the area.

You could also take the supershuttle from PIE to TPA (Tampa;s main airport) and perhaps find a cheaper shuttle to the port or the hotels near the port. This might be a tad cheaper.

http://www.supershuttle.com/en/TPAAi...eTampaBay.html

Also from the Marriott Waterside website which is just a block or two from the port.

St Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport - PIE

Phone: 1 727 453 7800

Hotel direction: 22 mile(s) E

Driving directions:

Follow Interstate 275 North for six miles to downtown exit 44. Take the Ashley Drive ramp toward Tampa Street. Make a slight right turn merging onto North Ashley Drive. Turn left onto East Whiting Street , right onto South Franklin Street and left onto Old Water Street. The hotel is immediately on the right.

This hotel does not provide shuttle service.

• Courtesy phone available
  • Bus service, fee: 15.00 USD (one way)
  • Estimated taxi fare: 45.00 USD (one way)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...el-and-marina/

• 6 years later...
What would be the best way to get from he cruise port in Tampa to the econo lodge stadium hotel?

Best would be a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :cool:

Best mix of comfort, convenience and economy would be an Uber or Lyft. For 2-3 passengers and normal bags and UberX will work (think Toyota Camry or something similar in size) and the fare should be $20 or less.

If you plug the hotel address and port into this link you can get a better estimate of the estimated fare: http://uberestimate.com/