Carnival Spirit - Seattle VIP Checkin

Gypsywych

I've checked the West Coast Departure board and I've found a couple of vague references to VIP check in @ Pier 91 being non existent. One person said it was a new port for Carnival so I'm assuming this was a couple of years ago.

Is there a VIP Checkin in for Alaska cruises? How efficient is it?

We had VIP check-in at Pier 91 last August. We took a tour of Seattle before we boarded the ship. Our tour guide dropped us off at 1:15. There were not any long lines. We placed our big bags on the scanner belts and they were delivered to our room later. We went through security quickly, because there were hardly any people there. We were the third in line to have our wine bottles checked at the alcohol table. The couple in front of us had a bottle of vodka taken away from them as they understood the alcohol rule to be one bottle per person-no matter what was in the bottle. The lady spent under a minute checking out our 2 wine bottles and 2-12 packs of soda. From there a woman directed us to the VIP check-in desks. They were just finishing up with a customer so we stepped immediately up to the desk. All of our papers were in order and hardly spent any time there and we were on the boat in no time. Since we came way after the initial crush of people, the VIP process really didn't matter. There were hardly any people checking in at the non-VIP desks so we wouldn't have needed to stand in line very long to check in to one of those desks.

we got too the pier early and got right up too the check-in desk. a seperate line was taking care of vip and they got right through too the seating area and got called too board before the rest of us. it worked very well from what i saw.

Alcohol table?? Never seen this before. We have sailed out of FLL, PC, Miami, Long Beach and Galveston. Are they really checking this thoroughly in Seattle?

Yes,they do have alcohol table. They check all seals etc. Anything opened does not go. Only place I have seen this. VIP line is fast, board first.

Archived