train out of skagaway

david505

Canada does not allow people in their country with certain convictions on their record. It is a Canadian customs and immigration issue, not a US issue.

Jen in SoCal

Doesn't everyone have to clear U.S. Customs at the end of any cruise that calls on a foreign port? Unless I'm mistaken, this would be more of a concern to me than the Skagway train ride if I were the OP.

Canada does not allow people in their country with certain convictions on their record. It is a Canadian customs and immigration issue, not a US issue.

Jen in SoCal

Ah, that answers that. Thanks, Jen.

We did the one way on the train last week. The passport check before getting off the train was just an agent walking through and comparing your face to the picture on your passport so as long as your face matches the passport photo you should have no problem going into Canada. We took a bus on up to Emerald lake and the check coming back was also just a look at the face and passport. You should be able to go further into Canada like we did with no problem. The train and bus trip was really great so..... enjoy:))))

Archived