Sojurn cabin 419 questions

Currently booked on Oct. 9 Quebec -Ft. Laud. Wondered if anyone has stayed in this one before – I have a few concerns as I have not yet sailed on the Big Sistahs yet. I was originally told I was confirmed in 422 (no ROS or guarantees available, alas) but when I got my invoice, it now lists 419 (yes, I do have a call in to my TA about this - am hoping it was just an inadvertent mistake).

When I reviewed the deck plan, I became a little concerned about location and noise with 419 and am looking for some perspective, in particular the following:

1. Anchor noise - will it will sound as if they are pulling the anchor from beneath my bed? :eek:. I have been in a similar cabin on SS (and on the SB triplets) and have had that unfortunate experience. Wouldn’t matter on a TA but there are several ports on this trip. I call this the automated alarm system as early-riser coffee has yet to see my happy face.
  2. Forward location – I would have been fine with 422 which is truly mid-ship but 419 seems like it is a bit too close to the pointy end.
  3. Located immediately next to the elevator (I doubt if the Deck 4 elevator gets much use so this isn't likely to be a problem).
  4. Location forward of MDR – means you either have to march through the MDR for dinner (groan) or go up to 5 deck and back down – this doesn’t strike me as very convenient. Stairs (like early mornings) and I do not get on well together due to a very bad back so at least I would get use of the elevator referenced above) – good excuse as any to go to the Club before dinner – oh, darn!:p

Thanks much -

We stayed in room 419 on a 14 day European cruise last Aug/Sep,

We did suffer from anchor and bow thruster noise waking us early in the morning when docking.

We didn't hear any noise at all from the elevator.

As we did not suffer any rough seas there was no notable movement.

Walking through the MDR was not a problem for us.

We returned to the Odyssey in March and this time we selected a midship veranda suite which was (imo) far superior and so I would always recommend a veranda if available/affordable and even better if it is misdhip during rough seas.

Many thanks, jrmuk! Your reply was indeed helpful and you hit on my main concern which is the anchor noise -- had forgotten about bow thruster. I am going to look at moving up to Deck 5 or 6 if there is anything available or might change to a transatlantic trip instead (which I love, as you can tell from my name!).

Many thanks, jrmuk! Your reply was indeed helpful and you hit on my main concern which is the anchor noise -- had forgotten about bow thruster. I am going to look at moving up to Deck 5 or 6 if there is anything available or might change to a transatlantic trip instead (which I love, as you can tell from my name!).

We were in cabin 615 on the Sojourn last December----no noise.

-Barry

A recent cancellation has allowed me to change cabins to a much better location (but, alas, no veranda - boo hoo!). I am much happier now and there was no drama, no problems --SB and my TA made it happen very quickly. TA now studies deck plans like we do ;)

It is so much better to prevent any problems ahead of time rather than wait until you're onboard and then find you're not happy.

Thanks for the input, Cruise Critic folks-- it was very helpful. :)

Archived