Just back from the Pride today

behler0198

I just wanted to quickly say that we had an awesome time (me and my DH) this past week on the Carnival Pride! This is our 3rd cruise and our second on Carnival. The other cruise was NCL to Alaska. I had read many reviews and everyone seems to have different experiences so I kept an open mind. Please try to form your own opinion when cruising. Was everything perfect? NO..but I didnt expect perfection. I only expected a week of relaxation and to have a good time!

Our cabin stewards were great! We had cabin 7301 which was a premium balcony. It was the best and I never had to ask for anything. He always made sure we had everything we needed!

Also, hats off to our dining room waiters Subhan and I Made, they were amazing. We had Anytime dining and sat in the upper level at table 307 if you would like to have them as your waiters.

These employees really work very hard but always took the time to say good evening, good morning and always with a smile.

I wanted to also thank everyone here on this forum. You are all awesome! I dont post much but I have read everything I could for months!

All in All I just wanted to let everyone know who may be thinking of sailing on the Pride or who have an upcoming cruise on the Pride you will not be disappointed.

We would definitely sail the Pride again in the future.

P.S. The bacon police were in full force.

I just wanted to quickly say that we had an awesome time (me and my DH) this past week on the Carnival Pride! This is our 3rd cruise and our second on Carnival. The other cruise was NCL to Alaska. I had read many reviews and everyone seems to have different experiences so I kept an open mind. Please try to form your own opinion when cruising. Was everything perfect? NO..but I didnt expect perfection. I only expected a week of relaxation and to have a good time!

Our cabin stewards were great! We had cabin 7301 which was a premium balcony. It was the best and I never had to ask for anything. He always made sure we had everything we needed!

Also, hats off to our dining room waiters Subhan and I Made, they were amazing. We had Anytime dining and sat in the upper level at table 307 if you would like to have them as your waiters.

These employees really work very hard but always took the time to say good evening, good morning and always with a smile.

I wanted to also thank everyone here on this forum. You are all awesome! I dont post much but I have read everything I could for months!

All in All I just wanted to let everyone know who may be thinking of sailing on the Pride or who have an upcoming cruise on the Pride you will not be disappointed.

We would definitely sail the Pride again in the future.

P.S. The bacon police were in full force.

I was eating dinner last Sunday at Kentmorr which is a restaurant right on the bay about 5 miles south of the Bay bridge. I watched you sail on by. I actually just saw the Pride again sailing down the bay while driving across the Bay Bridge. Every time I see it find myself quite envious of those souls on board.

I was eating dinner last Sunday at Kentmorr which is a restaurant right on the bay about 5 miles south of the Bay bridge. I watched you sail on by. I actually just saw the Pride again sailing down the bay while driving across the Bay Bridge. Every time I see it find myself quite envious of those souls on board.

Actually here is a picture I took. Can you find yourself? lol

photo.jpg.cb499aa4f1048c050ee24705c42c1f95.jpg

We sail on the Pride next week....WOOHOO we are in cabin 7302 and can not wait!!! Glad to hear you had a good time we are really looking forward a great vacation :D

Have a great time. You will not be disappointed!

As to your other post, the ride was smooth. I commented to my DH that the water looked like glass on the way down.

Actually, other passengers had said that there were a couple of storms on the way back but we slept right through them and didnt feel a thing:D:D:D

I think I did! I was on the Lido deck waving with my DOD in hand! LOL! Great Pic! :D

Awwww...I want to be back there!

I think I remember.

Thankfully I was drinking on shore as well so it was not as depressing as it was today seeing it going down the bay driving in our Ambulance. Can't really drink and respond to 911 calls. So its pretty depressing thinking that just 3 miles away there are several hundred people drinking, gambling and having the best time ever.

I think I remember.

Thankfully I was drinking on shore as well so it was not as depressing as it was today seeing it going down the bay driving in our Ambulance. Can't really drink and respond to 911 calls. So its pretty depressing thinking that just 3 miles away there are several hundred people drinking, gambling and having the best time ever.

Sorry you can't join in the fun but your time will come! 911 calls are important and Kudos for everything you do to try to keep people healthy and safe!

We sail in October to Bermuda and are in cabin 7301 too! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and that room! Would love to see your room photos if you have any! :)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Welcome back. I have cruised twice on Pride and LOVED it. Always do Anytime Dining. Wondering if the upstairs Maitre D was still Ruwan? LOVE HIM!! We sailed February of 2010 and met him. He was so nice. Then we went again in June and there he was!! He remembered us and just about everything we had talked about. He was awesome. Just wondering if he is still there.

Behler0198,

We will be sailing on the Pride on 6/19/11 in room #7301. Got any pictures you can share?

Neal

Neal & Alison

Pride 06/11

Triumph 06/07

Destiny 09/01

Sensation 10/98

Destiny 9/97

We were on the same sailing! We had such a good time. I agree, everything was not perfect, but like you, we didn't expect it to be. This was our 5th Carnival cruise in 6 years, so we had a pretty good idea of what to expect and this cruise definately lived up to our expectations! Sure wish I was back on board!!!!

To answer the question about the Maitre'd, it is Mario now.

Wonderful news, sailing her in November. Thank you for sharing your views with us.

BARTLEBY112 - Love Kentmoor, used to go there when they had the pool open. That is a great place to see the Pride sailing by!

Behler0198,

We will be sailing on the Pride on 6/19/11 in room #7301. Got any pictures you can share?

Neal

Neal & Alison

Pride 06/11

Triumph 06/07

Destiny 09/01

Sensation 10/98

Destiny 9/97

I do have pictures and we are trying to load them now. I'm not really sure how to do this but I will give it a shot!

Behler0198,

Neal

Neal & Alison

Pride 06/11

Triumph 06/07

Destiny 09/01

Sensation 10/98

Destiny 9/97

I am having some problems uploading these so I hope you can see them

P1010764.jpg.1bfab5f275ba8a7f92d9ede43eb79d61.jpg

P1010763.jpg.a79b06b0efe0b9e5841b9cb07e769517.jpg

P1010760.jpg.9a11b353917c4f82d64a76800c0eb996.jpg

I am curious as to what you thought of cruise director Brent Loyer?

I thought his name was Brent Mitchell.

He was ok. I dont really think anything he did really stood out at me but he wasn't bad either. I never really had a face to face meeting with him.

We were on the same sailing! We had such a good time. I agree, everything was not perfect, but like you, we didn't expect it to be. This was our 5th Carnival cruise in 6 years, so we had a pretty good idea of what to expect and this cruise definately lived up to our expectations! Sure wish I was back on board!!!!

To answer the question about the Maitre'd, it is Mario now.

I wish I was also back there. I found myself closing my eyes and clicking my heals but when I opened my eyes I was still at my office desk today! :(:(:(

We sail in October to Bermuda and are in cabin 7301 too! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and that room! Would love to see your room photos if you have any! :)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Sorry...I just seen your post now but i have uploaded pictures on another post.

You will love this room! It is so spacious compared to a regular balcony room! the balcony is a nice size too! Well worth the additional cost! Enjoy your cruise and your room!

We also booked the Chef's table for dinner. If any of you have the chance and it is in your budget please try this. It is totally worth the extra money. I dont eat seafood or fish but my DH wanted to have this experience so I booked it. The Chef worked really hard to create dishes for me that had no seafood or fish in them. Me and DH were so full that we weren't even hungry for breakfast the following day.

It was awesome!

Thanks SO MUCH for posting your room pictures! It looks wonderful! It is so cool to actually see the picture of your room! I am ready to go now. :p

What time was your scheduled disembark time? We are thinking of doing self assist as our flight home is at 2:00.

Thanks again!

Archived