My review of the allure of the seas may 22nd 2011

*I have no clue how to do the handy attachments, So i will just go with it and see and how it looks.

The night before the cruise we stayed at the Embassy Suites. I recommend this hotel for anyone crusing. The free happy hour and breakfast by themselves were worth the price. At the time we checked in, the hotel offered us fifty bucks to go someplace else, as they were overbooked. We did not take the money, Im guessing it was overbooked because there was a wedding going on.

From our room in the embassy we could see the ships! The oasis was much larger than I expected her to be. The allure was even better!

alluresheriff.jpg

Check in was a breeze. They have it set up by deck, which makes it alot easier. We got stuck with the meanest lady on earth. She did not smile at all, not even once. I wish I got a picture of her!

cruiseterm.jpg

ALOT more pictures coming. Im testing this thing out

attachment.php?attachmentid=196536&stc=1&d=1306721448

alluresheriff.jpg.86e92a4a829f7547d02ba2faf690aa58.jpg

cruiseterm.jpg.1425b8f772a24429015b58234f6b2d52.jpg

Glad to hear about the Embassy Suites. We've requested a room that is up high and faces the port, so we'll see what we get. I'll be there in three more weeks! Can't wait.

Yes it was alot of fun! Sorry a few pictures came out blurry.

As we got onto the ship we stepped into the Royal Promenade. I have quite a few funny stories about this place. During formal nights the women would walk around in these 5 inch heels and looked like they were about to stumble over. It was quite the fashion show I must say. I saw alot of pageant gowns.

Also some individuals seem to have forgotten how to walk in a straight line. Drunk? I dont know. I had a collision with this female because she wasnt looking where she was going and was walking in a diagonal way. We bumped pretty hard.

Anyway as soon as we got settled into our room (pictures of that coming soon) we went straight to cafe promenade

snacksohmy.jpg

blackolive.jpg

Dont get me started on the elevators. That was my only complaint.

People squish into the elevator knowing full well that it is full, they simply dont care.

Parents let their children press all kinds of buttons.

Parents also let their children run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

7804e79a.png

a98d88a5.png

I also forgot to add that we packed RR in our luggage..and it got through with no issue. Easy as pie.

Of course after lunch we had to have dinner at the windjammer

87f0d5a0.png

And dessert e2634e65.png

And of course more dessert

086b0640.png

So the room service fruit tray is not working anyway

Tuesday I had a drink at Starbucks for breakfast, it was soooo good

577e7d1a.png

cebeccd4.png

Lunch was room service honey stung chicken mmm

7424873f.png

This thing only let's me post six pictures at once. Coming up next 150 central park pictures!

150 central park wad beyond amazing. Our waiter was Oliver, he was great!

They give you a menu with your name and ask you if you want still or sparkling water. We choose still.just FYI the still water is not free it is 6.95 a bottle, we didn't know this!

First course a lobster salad

fda686e1.png

Second..a artichoke veloute

df79258f.png

Third course was a sea bass

618dda5e.png

Fourth course a lamb mignardise

ccd24447.png

Fifth course was a roasted poussin roulade I didn't get a picture of :(

Dessert was warm chocolate cake...amazzzzzing

cb83e7bc.png

The seafood looks good as do desserts. Wish we had booked 150 now..... Love the cupcake pics, my daughter and I are taking that class a week from today.

Enjoying your review, can't wait to see more.

Missed you at the M&M. My DD was hoping there would be someone close to her age. Enjoying your review, never made it to the windjammer. We also went straight to the Park Cafe after boarding. I am planning to do a mini-review of what I think are the must dos. will enjoy your pics since I am too techno challenged to upload pictures.

First-time cruise on the Allure. Nice. Of course its going to be real hard to sail on a smaller ship after this. :D

My family and I will be staying at the Embassy Suites in August before boarding the Allure. Glad too hear you liked it.

This is my amateur review if the allure, I'm a first time cruiser so go easy on me.

Picture and review coming up as I can't seem to upload them from my iPad

Enjoyed conversing with you before my cruise, I'll look forward to seeing your take on it now. I'm already missing the ship.

Archived