What does the upgrade fairy look like....

We got a voice mail from the upgrade fairy (may not be some people's idea of a fairy but it was mine) and I returned the call to a Seattle, WA number. For $200 we went from an OV on the Main Deck to an Ocean Vista Suite on the Empress Deck. Yep, we took the deal.

Not a bad deal, but sadly, that was the evil upSELL fairy. :p

We got a voice mail from the upgrade fairy (may not be some people's idea of a fairy but it was mine) and I returned the call to a Seattle, WA number. For $200 we went from an OV on the Main Deck to an Ocean Vista Suite on the Empress Deck. Yep, we took the deal.

I am hoping for an upsell like this... Currently booked in a Main deck OV on Fantasy, but I would love a reasonable upsell offer from Carnival for a VS or a GS. Crossing my fingers! :cool:

OP:

Sorry to disappoint you further.

Not only was that not the upsell/upgrade call from Carnival, it was a scam

charity call. If you call them back you get a recording that says the number is not in service, but its not the same voice you get from your phone company. That is part of their scam.

Why can't we all get on the same page with this thing?

The "fairies" bring us gifts for FREE. The tooth fairy doesn't SELL teeth.

So, if the upgrade fairy calls you, he/she will not ask for money, they will GIVE you a better cabin(if you choose to accept it).

An Upsell is exactly what it says. It is a sales tool the cruise lines use to milk a few extra bucks out of a cruise that has some unsold, high priced rooms. If you have a nice aft balcony then they might try to get you to go to a suite so they can upsell a OV. My idea is to be prepared with the prices of the better rooms, so when they call you don't get taken advantage of.

This is like the psychology behind selling timeshares. Here you are axiously anticipating your upcoming cruise. You want it so badly you can taste the warm melting chocolate cake. Now they call and offer you this lovely "upgrade" to a JS for example. All it will cost is $XXX/pp. As an ealier poster mentioned, they won't give you the price until they've given you the whole sales pitch. They have to loosen you up, first.

DON"T FALL FOR IT. Know your prices before they call or call them back.

Don't let them pressure you into making an uninformed decision.

Personally, I hand pick my cabin. Not really interested in switching unless its free or nearly free. Of course, be careful what you wish for, cuz you might jut get it.:eek:

Let's not forget. When you booked, didn't you book the room you wanted? So the so called fairy, is not a fairy, but a salesperson, who has the job of taking your money for something that you already decided that you didn't want, but making it sound so much better, but it is still the same bed, and I still will only sleep in the room, shower, and get dressed. No need for the extra space unless it is free.

Let's not forget. When you booked, didn't you book the room you wanted? So the so called fairy, is not a fairy, but a salesperson, who has the job of taking your money for something that you already decided that you didn't want, but making it sound so much better, but it is still the same bed, and I still will only sleep in the room, shower, and get dressed. No need for the extra space unless it is free.

Havingfun: I use it for much more than that. I use it for---well, having fun! :D

Actually, no I didn't book the cabin I wanted, I booked the cabin I could afford. The upgrade/upsell fairy made something I wanted affordable so I took the offer!

For us, we enjoy each other's company enough that an afternoon spent on the balcony with a drink, discussing our future dreams is worth the larger cabin and balcony space.

Actually, no I didn't book the cabin I wanted, I booked the cabin I could afford. The upgrade/upsell fairy made something I wanted affordable so I took the offer!

For us, we enjoy each other's company enough that an afternoon spent on the balcony with a drink, discussing our future dreams is worth the larger cabin and balcony space.

*like*like*like* :D

Archived