Concierge Class Balcony Room on Galaxy??

schinz

I am considering a concierge balcony room on the Galaxy for an extended cruise. Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms and are they worth the extra over the standard balcony room? What do you get for this class category/cabin??? Please someone help me understand!!! Stefanie

I am considering a concierge balcony room on the Galaxy for an extended cruise. Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms and are they worth the extra over the standard balcony room? What do you get for this class category/cabin??? Please someone help me understand!!! Stefanie
From one who typically books aft CC cabins on M-Class ships, and has sailed on the Galaxy twice --

If you have experience with the CC cabins on the M-Class ships, you'll find that it's tough to find directly comparable cabins on the C-Class ships in some categories.

To avoid getting less cabin or veranda than we're used to in CC cabins on the M-Class ships, we've booked a Sky Suite on the Sky deck. A CC cabin on the Galaxy would be a downgrade. The Sky Suite is a bit of an upgrade over the M-Class aft CC or FV cabins.

CC cabins on the C-Class ships like the Galaxy have about the same cabin size and veranda size as a Category 2 cabin on an M-Class ship, and the cabins themselves are the same size as the Galaxy Category 2 cabins.

While you'll get CC amenities, you definitely don't get any additional space, especially compared to certain of the M-Class CC cabins. Adjust your price/value ratio accordingly!

Hi,

I have no idea how much more in price the CC is over the regular balcony as we didn't book far enough in advance--we just took the CC opening. The CC amenities are listed in the Celebrity book. We thoroughly enjoyed all the little extras that we received, including the champagne on arrival, fresh flowers, daily canapes and daily fresh fruit, better shower head, and especially the VCR. The bedding is a little better, with a very nice duvet cover, and a pillow menu to choose if you would like. There's also an extended room service menu. Also use of binoculars and large umbrella, which we didn't use. We also had instant check-in and expedited checkout. We received a nice leather holder for our keycard, and at the end of our trip, a nice Celebrity tote bag. Our balcony was small--the only drawback. And our room was the same size as a regular balcony room.

Our table of 8 all agreed we were glad we were in the CC class.

Chris

I sailed on Galaxy in April 2004 and lucked into a very good deal on a CC balcony cabin. I think the best amenity was the nicer bedding. We enjoyed the fruit and hoer'derves (?sp), but they were not significant to our cruise enjoyment. Personally, I would not pay extra for the CC amenities.

We were in a CC cabin last year on an M class ship. I loved the size, and realize that it will not be the same on the C class ships. My only question is if there is a table big enough on the balcony on which to eat breakfast. We really enjoyed that part last year.

Debby

i was in CC #1007 on Galaxy last year. Yes, there was a full size table and 2 chairs with cushions on the balcony which made breakfast out there very enjoyable. they were just implementing CC the week i cruised but i liked it so much i will be enjoying it again this December on Constellation and the extra 20 sq. ft. will just make it sweeter! :D

Archived