Downtown Mobile Hotel

fraz0132

I was wondering about the downtown hotels. We are wanting to stay close to the dock and I was looking at Hampton Inn on Royal St., Holiday Inn on Government St., and Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel. Any suggestions on these hotels. We will just stay the night before the cruise. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed at the Battlehouse Renaissance and really enjoyed it. The shuttle service was excellent in a Lincoln Navigator, but make your shuttle reservation early so you can get to the port early. And check in early enough to enjoy the beautiful hotel!

My vote is for Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel. We stayed there in August 2009 when we cruised. I have already booked a room for our September cruise. We did not even shop around this time. It cost a little more for their park & cruise package ($149.00 +tax) but we feel it is worth it.

We stayed at the Hampton last year and we will stay this year also. The parking is part of the "cruise package". The Hampton has full hot breakfast - a good deal if you have a family. We actually walked to the ship (about 4 blocks or 1/4 mile) - but we pack light. There is a shuttle ($5 pp each way, I think). It is unlikely that you'll be able to see the ship from most rooms.

• 1 month later...
My vote is for Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel. We stayed there in August 2009 when we cruised. I have already booked a room for our September cruise. We did not even shop around this time. It cost a little more for their park & cruise package ($149.00 +tax) but we feel it is worth it.

I'll vote for it also. It's a very nice hotel.

Get there early enough to swim on their 4th floor pool overlooking the bay.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived