Viking Surkov - July 29

Pam31

We have arranged for a private tour in St. Petersburg on our last day of the cruise, which is a "free day". The tour is being provided by Den Rus. The itinerary has been planned specifically for us. We are looking for another couple or two who would be willing to join us on the tour. Here is the itinerary so far:

08:00 Start of the tour

08:30-09:30 Drive South-West of St Petersburg to visit one of summer residences of Russian Tsars in Peterhof

09:30-10:20 A guided tour of the Grand Palace in Peterhof (specially arranged early opening of the palace – to avoid crowds)

10:30-11:40 Walk round the world famous Fountain Park

12:00–12:30 Return to the city by Hydrofoil

12:45-13:45 Lunch time

14:00-15:00 Inside visit to Peter-and-Paul fortress

15:00-16:00 Canal boat tour from Neva gates

16:00-17:00 City tour or shopping

About 20:30 Return to the ship

Please contact my email: pamw31@gmail.com

progress.gif

We have arranged for a private tour in St. Petersburg on our last day of the cruise, which is a "free day". The tour is being provided by Den Rus. The itinerary has been planned specifically for us. We are looking for another couple or two who would be willing to join us on the tour. Here is the itinerary so far:

08:00 Start of the tour

08:30-09:30 Drive South-West of St Petersburg to visit one of summer residences of Russian Tsars in Peterhof

09:30-10:20 A guided tour of the Grand Palace in Peterhof (specially arranged early opening of the palace – to avoid crowds)

10:30-11:40 Walk round the world famous Fountain Park

12:00–12:30 Return to the city by Hydrofoil

12:45-13:45 Lunch time

14:00-15:00 Inside visit to Peter-and-Paul fortress

15:00-16:00 Canal boat tour from Neva gates

16:00-17:00 City tour or shopping

About 20:30 Return to the ship

Please contact my email: pamw31@gmail.com

progress.gif

We traveled on the Surkov last year from Moscow to St. Petersburg, but stayed a couple of extra days in St. P. Too bad you don't have more time to spend there as I would suggest ADDITIONAL time at the Hermitage. Read The Madonnas of Leningrad before you leave.

Your planned itinerary sounds great, but there's a lot on it for one day.

I have not looked, but there might be a specific Roll Call for your sailing and that would be a good place to look for others to share your private tour (which, incidentally, is the BEST way to do it!!).

Thanks, Mickie. We were in St. Petersburg a few years ago on a Baltic Cruise. You are right - it's a lot to see in such a short amount of time. That is why we chose to go with a private tour. We had a great experience the last time with a private tour - we were able to cover so much more ground - and had a lot more control. The price actually works out better than taking ship's tours when you share with one or two other couples. I looked for a "Roll Call" for our ship, and haven't found it. If it is out there - I'd love it if someone could send me the link.

We are on the Viking - Surkov July 29

My email is pamw31@gmail.com

Archived