Cruising out of NY

blueeyegirl

Being a native New Yorker. Have your camera ready for when you pull out and have the best view of the city as you start sailing away. You will have traffic but the parking is right there. If you take a train into Penn Station, just take a cab. If you are arriving the day before, stay across the Hudson River in New Jersey and the hotels will be cheaper.

You will have traffic but the parking is right there. If you take a train into Penn Station, just take a cab. If you are arriving the day before, stay across the Hudson River in New Jersey and the hotels will be cheaper.

Okay, BUT:confused: isn't traffice really bad in the morning? What is the ideal time to leave the hotel (in Jersey) to make your way to the port to park to avoid the traffic mess or is it always a mess in that area?

I saw an episode of Man vs. Food tonight. He was at Katz' deli on the lower east side. I never heard of them, but it certainly looked good.

Katz' is world famous and has appeared in many movies, including When Harry met Sally, and has that table noted in the restaurant, the place does have atmosphere but for many NY'ers the 2nd Ave deli has the best quality sandwiches. If it's the same man vs food show i saw katz' beat 2nd ave deli in a contest, but that's all p.r. anyway.

Your advice is so helpful and I believe we will do the Holland tunnel on the return, Italian markets are unknown here in VA:(, and the Chinese food is rather aweful, they think spring rolls are eggrolls, when I lived in SoFLA and worked in MIA Int'l there was this dumpy Chinese restaurant with the BEST food and eggrolls(Oriental Express-Yummy)

I am trying to get my last fling done while in NY(my birthplace-LI Glencove)before I get gastric sleeved and start my new life:)

To bigcraig: We are also cruising the Glory in October, and driving to NY from Leesburg. Would you be so kind as to report back on your route to NY for me when you return?

Oliver

Kparc

If you stay somewhere on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel which is Weehawken or close by that, you can check out at 10am and take the Lincoln Tunnel back into NY to drive to the cruiseport of NY. Also it depends on what day you leave but for the most part my hubby said workday MON-FRI, worse case scenario maybe an hour. If it was a weekend departure; SAT-SUN , less then an hour.

Also, there will be traffic jams as you get closer to the terminal, with people getting off the boat and either hailing down a taxi or waiting on a limousine or leaving with their own car. Also the incoming traffic of the next cruise people getting dropped off by a taxi or limo or just parking your own car.

To bigcraig: We are also cruising the Glory in October, and driving to NY from Leesburg. Would you be so kind as to report back on your route to NY for me when you return?

Oliver

WOW another Leesburg resident, small world no doubt, I will be happy to report back the route and how it goes for timing, we plan on leaving at 4am(really 5am but have to tell DW and DD earlier so it winds up on time)

WOW another Leesburg resident, small world no doubt, I will be happy to report back the route and how it goes for timing, we plan on leaving at 4am(really 5am but have to tell DW and DD earlier so it winds up on time)

Thanks!

We are doing this one in Oct. We are flying in the day before and staying the day after. We got lucky got good rates at the Marriott Marquis. Trying to figure out excursions at this point. This is put us at platinum so we have that to be excited as well.

Archived