2011 Update: 200 Alaska cruises in 3 minutes or less

InternetAgeTraveler

Last year I started a compilation of time lapse vidoes of Alaska cruises to answer some questions about the itineraires, how rough the seas were, and so on. It was a fair amount of work but very addicting. I posted over 170 in 2010. With the Alaska cruise season in full swing, I am posting several more each week and will soon have over 200.

This year I made a few improvements. First, I have increased the rate of the videos which makes them a lot more realistic. At the same time, I slowed the playback to make them just about 50% longer but with detail.

http://www.youtube.com/user/InternetAgeTraveler

There are 2 new ships that I am following, the Oceania Regatta and the Crystal Symphony. The Symphony has the highest quality images and a great set of itineraries. It also has 3 cameras which capture front, port and starboard. I have compiled a synchronized video with all 3, although there is so much going on, I also compiled a normal front view only.

I am currently not posting the Golden Princess and Island Princess because the camera image is too faded. If they improve, I will start it up.

I am always looking for feedback so please post any comments and requests.

Archived