ship time and belize time

lauren0309

I just booked a tour in Belize which starts at 8 a.m. They are on Central time so there is a 2 hour time difference between them and the ship. At what time would I meet the tour. Ship time or the time it is in Belize?

If it's a ship sponsored excursion, it's ship time. For the Valor that's EDT. But that seems early. Maybe the tender meetup time.

If it's a private excursion, you need to contact the company. 8 AM Belize is 10 AM ship so that gives you plenty of time to catch a tender. Your worry should be focused on the return to the pier/Tourism Village. Last tender is 1 hour before stated departure time for the ship. You need to make sure your private excursion is scheduled to get back to the pier at least 1 hour before that (ship time) to give buffer for the inevitable delays that arise.

So if the tour starts 8 a.m. Belize time my watch should be set for ship time which will be 10 a.m. and then to return from which is a 4-5 hour tour (private tour), my watch should say 3 p.m. ship time which is 1 p.m. Belize time. Is that correct and we should always keep our watch at ship time? Such confusion :eek: I just don't want to miss the ship back.

Always keep your watch on ship time. And always use a watch not your cell phone. Cell phones often have features that auto shift to the local time zone.

Again, double check with your tour vendor on time assumptions. If your ship departs at 5PM, your last tender will be around 4 PM ship/2PM Belize so you should be fine if cavetubing is the only thing you are doing. Some tours add zip lines and that takes longer.

Is the tour operater giving you the time in Ships time or Island time.

Make sure- some vendors are aware of ships- which ones change times, who doesnt- etc.etc.

I have yet to sail on a carnival ship that changes times

Archived