What is the earliest you can board on the first day?

I think it varries just a little depending on when they clear the ship of the previous pax. We were on Allure last week. Got to the port at 11. They started letting us on board at 11:30 We were in a GS and they let suites on 1st. We were among the 1st 10 aboard. Then D+, etc. They kept you in separate areas upstairs from where you check in. Suites close to the entrance then sections for each level of C&A. It was very quick getting on from there.

Not too eager, am I? :)

You paid for it, why not get the full time. I haven't read all your replies yet, but the people that run the terminal have become extremely efficient and part of getting 6000 people onboard is starting at the first possible moment. From what I have read that can vary by how fast they can get the previous 6000 off and other variables. In my recent case we arrived at the terminal at 11:15 am, after check in we waited in the lounge until about 11:45 before we boarded. If I was doing it again, I would arrive at 11 as that seems to be the earliest i have heard boarding start. If it is delayed, I'd rather be waiting in the lounge than getting ready for work the next day, so I'm happy to sit there till they tell me I can get on.

There are several places open for lunch the first day some free like Windjammer, Park Café, Sorrento's etc and some pay JR, Starbucks ect.

As for the time we got on it was 11:45. It was the inaugural trip so they had to ensure it met standards first. Most seem to report close to 11:30. The rooms are not available until PM.

Remember to keep valuables and meds with you in your carry-on. Also passport is best ID but have DAL for the port. Print out you Sea Pass card after you have booked everything and at least 1 week prior to your cruise as they shut you out of it 4 days before you go.

Archived