Sales or reduced 3rd/4th passenger?

HMT213

I remember once upon a time when Carnival offered $99 3rd and 4th passenger sales. Do they still do this? (Or anything like it?) I keep getting the 72 hour sale emails but they only go until Feb '12 and we want to sail in April. Any suggestions for booking now and getting the best deal? We have sailed with them numerous times before.

Thanks!

Heather

When I was looking at booking our cruise for next year, they didn't advertise a difference, but there was one. It would have been around $650pp for just the 2 of us, but was $450pp for 4. It was enough of a price break to make it worth it for us to take our oldest 2 kiddos.

3rd/4th rate has always been cheaper .. look on any TA site.

I think Carnivals new way of AVERAGING the rates must be confusing people. They show a average rate on carnival.com .. but they have always discounted the 3rd/4th rates.

pretend to book only 2 people and you will see the difference.

The question was regarding $99 sale price .. which they dont have special sales for 3rd/4th rates .. but they are 99% of the time discounted for the extra pax.

The 5-night cruise I booked for October was only $129 each for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers, but it was a fairly cheap cruise to begin with ($299 each for first two passengers), so that may be the only reason the extra passengers were so cheap.

I used a residents discount and a military discount on our upcoming cruise. I was surprised these only applied to the first 2 in the cabin - no discount on extra passengers. For some cruises (I guess high demand summer vacation and such) there was not much discount for 3rd & 4th passengers so some people might do better with another cabin if you can use a discount such as these.

We have always had a reduced rate for the third and fourth passenger of 50 to 75% of the rate for the first two passengers. We try to book Early Saver whenever we can. At least with that if the rate goes down we can get an adjustment or on board credit.

Archived