Freedom of the Seas Entertainment?

I would appreciate feedback on the FOS onboard entertainment options- shows, dining, etc. Which ones would you recommend and which ones would you not recommend? Are there any that would rate "can't miss"?

While I think it definitely depends on one's own personal tastes, I would recommend not missing Graham's late night adult comedy show (if he is your CD when you go), the Quest game show, the Love & Marriage game show or the Freedom-Ice.com ice show. The Once Upon a Time comedy musical was decent as well. We enjoy comedy more than anything else.

We didn't partake in any special dining, so I don't have any recommendations there.

Portofino's and Chops Grill are both excellent specialty ($) dining options. A must try for 2 nights away from the main dining room. The production shows (all 3 of them) in the Acadia Theater are all excellent. Don't miss the Drew Thomas "Now you see it" Magic show. It is amazing, very Las Vegas quality. The Ice Show "FreedomIce.com" is also a "not to miss" show. It is performed several times in Studio B over the length of the cruise (unlike the production shows in the Acadia Theater). Enjoy your cruise!

The two previous posters echo my sentiments exactly. Also all my favorite shows. Can I stress the "Quest"? I had no idea what it was, only that everyone on the boards said "don't miss it". Well, .......DON'T miss it! It's on late, you might be tempted to say "forget it" and go to bed (like my husband wanted to do). This is the show we talk about the most. Never laughed so hard. I would also encourage you to attend the parade. Again, it's on late, but it's very uplifting and fun. You won't be sleepy anymore, after watching it!

We didn't do any specialty dining, although I noticed Johnny Rockets was always full, so it must be good. Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade are great places to duck into and grab something tasty as you walk by. Really good stuff in there.

Thank everyone for the replies. I appreciate the feedback. I would have probable skipped the "Quest" had I had not seen the post. We also favor comedy so the earlier post was also very insightful.

Portofino's and Chops Grill are both excellent specialty ($) dining options. A must try for 2 nights away from the main dining room. The production shows (all 3 of them) in the Acadia Theater are all excellent. Don't miss the Drew Thomas "Now you see it" Magic show. It is amazing, very Las Vegas quality. The Ice Show "FreedomIce.com" is also a "not to miss" show. It is performed several times in Studio B over the length of the cruise (unlike the production shows in the Acadia Theater). Enjoy your cruise!

Did you have the Freedom Live Music Concert on your sailing? If so, was that one that you would recommend. We tend to favor comedy, however, have enjoyed some of the musical productions on other sailings but have found them to be more hit or miss.

Yes, the Freedom Live Music Concert was an afternoon activity. It took place in the Acadia Theater. I did not attend as I had plans already for that day. The Freedom of the Seas Orchestra is very good. They play at each production show and always "open" the Acadia Theater each night, so I'm sure the Live Music Concert was good!

Archived