Will "greasing the palm" help?

SE NC

This is our 10th cruise. We always have gotten the the dinner setting we want, be it early or late. However, this time we booked a last minute 5 night cruise on the Fascination that leaves Saturday, June 11, (yes indeed....don't care if it is our 10th cruise....we are as excited as kids at Christmas!). Here's my question....we are confirmed for the 8:00 setting. We want the 6:00 setting. If it has not been changed when we board, I will visit the matre d. Will it help or should I "slip" him a twenty to change my time? Thanks for sharing any experience you may have had!:D

Do what everybody else does - ask John Heald (Senior Cruise Director and Brand Ambassador for Carnival) to fix it. Actually he can only request, but be sure to thank him! You can reach him on Facebook or his blog.

One of the perks for platinum is guaranteed dinner time. If the MD does not train his people to honor this I will take action to get what we are entitled to. Always do it in a nice way but do not like to be taken advantaged of.

Dining time yes, specific dining room, no.

Archived