Bad Weather - Port Changes

I'm with you on that worry. Just looked at the forecast for Jamaica - and 70-80% chance of rain for the entire week. Just saw the noaa website - and it doesn't look good over the next two days. We sail out on Sunday. That would affect all three ports.

Picture9.png

Looks like there may be some iffy weather in the western part of the Caribbean next week, does anyone know what it takes for the ship to alter it's route and/or stops?

For all of our cruises, the only time weather has effected the shipped planned activities at a port was in the Cayman Islands. They use tenders to go from the ship to the mainland there because of all the coral around the island. The first time we were scheduled to go there, the water was too rough for the tenders so we missed out on going ashore. We have been there twice since with no problems.

Good luck. Hopefully they change it to at least hang out in the sun somewhere East of that disaster.

Personally, I'd rather "drop anchor" in the middle of the ocean than hit a rainy island.

Labadee, Falmouth, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands look like a mess.... this system effects both the Eastern and Western.... I am on Easter tomorrow ....hoping that after Nassau they divert us to Mexico .....Looks to me like both Costa Maya and Cozumel would have no problem handling both Oasis and Allure next week and would take us out of the projected storm path..... even if this doesn't develop into a tropical depression it's still a Huge mess and I find it hard to believe that they are going to want to send either ship into it.

Labadee, Falmouth, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands look like a mess.... this system effects both the Eastern and Western.... I am on Easter tomorrow ....hoping that after Nassau they divert us to Mexico .....Looks to me like both Costa Maya and Cozumel would have no problem handling both Oasis and Allure next week and would take us out of the projected storm path..... even if this doesn't develop into a tropical depression it's still a Huge mess and I find it hard to believe that they are going to want to send either ship into it.

NOAA now says there is a 30% chance that this will develop into something, i agree, can't believe RCCL will be sending any ships into that mess.

NOAA now says there is a 30% chance that this will develop into something, i agree, can't believe RCCL will be sending any ships into that mess.

I will bet that in the least they will change the order of the western to send you guys to Cozumel first....or possibly Costa Maya......lots of flooding in Haiti being reported.

We live in Ft. Lauderdale area in Florida. Just looked up on our local weather station justweather.com and noaa.gov

It seems that it's downgraded to 20% for developing into a tropical cyclone and is moving north, northwest. Haiti, Jamaica and Cuba have gotten the worst weather. Keep checking those sites. Here are some maps of the caribbean to put it into perspective. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

caribbeanmap.jpg

caribean.gif

I will be curious to see what happens in Hurricane Season with the Oasis/Allure...since they are limited to the ports they can stop at...

I am guess they just change the route or stops succession???

Archived