Allure of the seas review May 22-29. *LONG*, with pictures

Thanks for the review. You were on two weeks before me and I'm currently writing a review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1652166

A couple interesting things I noticed from your review...your bed had two green pillows on it whereas ours did not. A bit strange but I guess not a bad thing as I can't imagine those pillows are too clean. Still wonder why the difference.

Also with 150 Central Park, I'm not sure if you had the same set of menus as we did or if it changed, ours was the summer season menu. I went with the first set as we ate there on night 4 and it was great but had been torn between the two menus. Also lucky you got to meet Chef Molly. I asked our server about her and she said she wasn't onboard and how Molly is now like the head chef for the whole cruiseline. Pretty neat!

Regards,

Jeremy

Take note, the OP sailed in 2011... that may account for your differences!:p

• 1 month later...
Thanks for a great review and pics, we are going on our first cruise which is on the Allure in sept, quick question did you have to pay to use the gym/sauna/steamroom ? thanks

Hi, sorry, only just caught up with this thread.

The gym was free, but you had to pay for classes. Didn't use the sauna/steamroom so not sure about a charge.

Hi, sorry, only just caught up with this thread.

The gym was free, but you had to pay for classes. Didn't use the sauna/steamroom so not sure about a charge.

Hi,

The only slot for a private lesson on the flowrider I could get is the day before we leave the ship:mad: but heyho I'm sure it will be fun;). Not long now. Thank you so much for all your info it has been fantastic.

Next stop the Epic, enjoy. x

Hi,

The only slot for a private lesson on the flowrider I could get is the day before we leave the ship:mad: but heyho I'm sure it will be fun;). Not long now. Thank you so much for all your info it has been fantastic.

Next stop the Epic, enjoy. x

Try again once you're on board, I bet there's more slot available.

Ore just do like we did & go to the early morning public sessions & hae it to yourself anyway! Think we just got lucky... ;)

Looking forward to seeing all your pictures

Sun 22nd May - Embarkation day

Up, check out, quick breakfast & dropped the car at Dollar just after 10am. Dollar/Thrifty is basically at the port gate, I didn't see any other car rental office closer.

We were checking in at 10.30, and boarding by around 11.15 ish. I didn't think the boarding was that well organised; You come up the escalators to the "holding area" & are then seated to board in order. Many passengers were coming up the escalators as boarding started & just tagged on the back of the line instead of going to sit down & wait their turn. No one was stopping them do this. Also people just pushed forward from the back as soon as boarding started, instead of waiting for their section to be called.

Wow. The ship felt familiar, but different.

238.JPG

021.JPG

We explored all the new areas, Boardwalk, Central Park & had famous roast beef sandwiches for lunch at the Park Cafe. (I'm sure Radio was also enjoying a beef sandwich out in Central Park, but I was too shy to check it was him!). We made our way up to the sports deck & boogie boarding was in full swing on the Flowrider, with just one family of 4 taking part, so we joined them.

031.JPG

Luggage was delivered & unpacked before Mustard Drill in the MDR, deck 5 (why do some people insist on talking loudly the whole way through?) & we had sail away Margaritas on the deck 11 back balcony overlooking the Aqua Theatre.

038.JPG

Pre dinner drinks in the Trellis bar, Central Park; Archie and Adrian were great bar tenders, and made us several gin & tonics throughout the trip.

220.JPG

Into the dining room for 8.30 second seating. We had a table for 6, two never showed & the other couple were non English speakers from Korea. Dinner tonight was onion tart, pork & chocolate mousse for me & hot & sour shrimp soup, prime rib & blueberry peach cobbler for him. We had a drink in Jazz on 4, then went to watch the Ocean Aria show in the Aqua Theatre which was fabulous.

098.JPG

When dropping your car off at dollar did they provide a shuttle to the port?

Archived