HMC- will it be cancel forever?

CRUISING71

Hello,

We are planning to book Freedom April 2012, one of the reason was HMC port. I have read that Carnival cancel their HMC in Feb 2012? Will it be cancel for good?

For those that have visited HMC and Nachi Cocom...are they the similar?

Hello,

We are planning to book Freedom April 2012, one of the reason was HMC port. I have read that Carnival cancel their HMC in Feb 2012? Will it be cancel for good?

For those that have visited HMC and Nachi Cocom...are they the similar?

I believe that one cruise had HMC canceled due to a conflict with a HAL ship. Not surprising as HAL owns the island.

I've not heard of any other HMC cancellations...

:)

I believe that one cruise had HMC canceled due to a conflict with a HAL ship. Not surprising as HAL owns the island.

I've not heard of any other HMC cancellations...

:)

How about the 11/21/2011 Glory or the 02/12/2012 Facination. If any body is interested the 04/15/2012 Liberty stop will also be cancelled.

If I can find this why can't Carnival get it straightend out ahead of time. The answer is they want to take reservations with HMC on the itinerary. They will also take your money for cabana reservations.

HMC hands down is nothing like Naci - completely different experiences

We have never had our HMC stop delayed or canceled - I think it is very rare

How about the 11/21/2011 Glory or the 02/12/2012 Facination. If any body is interested the 04/15/2012 Liberty stop will also be cancelled.

If I can find this why can't Carnival get it straightend out ahead of time. The answer is they want to take reservations with HMC on the itinerary. They will also take your money for cabana reservations.

Oh wow...if they cancel 4/15/2012 for Liberty I wonder if they cancel for the Freedom too since it will be 4/7/2012 sailing.

They have also canceled HMC on the 2/4/2012 Liberty due to an HAL conflict with the Maasdam that is going there TWICE on their cruise. The kicker is they still have it listed as the port but if you check you itinerary on Carnival.com it says Nassau. John Heald also confirmed we are not going there. They are also still taking cabana resi's for HMC and haven't refunded those that already booked. We booked this with a group and chose this ship for HMC as we've been to Nassau a ton of time. It's ridiculous the way Carnival has handled this.

They have also canceled HMC on the 2/4/2012 Liberty due to an HAL conflict with the Maasdam that is going there TWICE on their cruise. The kicker is they still have it listed as the port but if you check you itinerary on Carnival.com it says Nassau. John Heald also confirmed we are not going there. They are also still taking cabana resi's for HMC and haven't refunded those that already booked. We booked this with a group and chose this ship for HMC as we've been to Nassau a ton of time. It's ridiculous the way Carnival has handled this.

That is awful that they go twice and they cancel you.

If there is one thing I have learned cruising it's never book a cruise because you want to go to a specific port....there are too many variables that could make you miss said port and "ruin" a vacation. Remember that mother nature does not care about if you do or dont make port at a scheduled destination.

We are booked on Liberty for the April 28 which at the moment is scheduled to go to HMC and there are no other ships on the HMC schedule for that day.

We are booked on Freedom 5/5/12...how can you tell how many ships are scheduled to call on HMC on a certain day?? Please share!!!:D

Carmel

I believe that HAL cruises to the Caribbean thru April then ships move to New England. So, anything booked on Carnival after May 1st should include a stop at Half Moon Cay if it is listed in the itinerary unless there is a weather emergency.

I was going to post that, too. The cruise date is actually 11-20, not 11-21. We were looking forward to HMC, and probably wouldn't have booked the cruise if Nassau had been on the original itinerary. But HAL is going to HMC that day, so we got bumped to Nassau.

Interesting theory about why they're doing this... That's *exactly* why I booked -- it had HMC. Until they changed it.

Archived