CareVacations question

We have used Care Vacations in the past. Great company. You don't say when your cruise is for but I would contact them ASAP. They

will give you a "quote" which will be reserved for whenever you actually reserve the chair. (Even if the prices increase between now and then). Ready and waiting in your cabin -- and you

just leave it there upon arrival back home. Made a big difference

for my DH as the Mariner of the Seas is a very large ship.

How close to sailing can you make a reservation through CareVacations? Do they need a lot of lead time, or can it be done virtually last minute? :confused: I looked on their website but couldn't find the answer to this question. Thanks.

Would suggest you book as soon as possible. CareVacations does not have an unlimited inventory . Where the cruise is going can also influence demand of rentals. If you wait to book at thee last minute you risk not getting one. Suggest you call them directly as they will be able to better answer your questions.

BTW, I've used the several times and have been happy with their service and equipment.

I have booked an electric scooter with CareVacations several times and they request that you book at least 6 weeks prior to the cruise. This assures that the piece of equipment is available for your cruise. I don't like to book earlier because they charge you the day you book and they receive your signed papers. (They give you a quote and fax or e-mail a contract for you to sign and return to them)

This year I booked with Special Needs at Sea and found them to be significantly cheaper than CareVacations for the same equipment.

I have been very happy with both of these companies.

I have booked an electric scooter with CareVacations several times and they request that you book at least 6 weeks prior to the cruise. This assures that the piece of equipment is available for your cruise. I don't like to book earlier because they charge you the day you book and they receive your signed papers. (They give you a quote and fax or e-mail a contract for you to sign and return to them)

This year I booked with Special Needs at Sea and found them to be significantly cheaper than CareVacations for the same equipment.

I have been very happy with both of these companies.

Thanks for the info. I waited until the last minute, so no luck for me. Oh well, I'll plan better next time.

Thanks for the info. I waited until the last minute, so no luck for me. Oh well, I'll plan better next time.

Even if it is last minute I would call and see if they can help you...

Here are the numbers: Carevacations Toll Free 1-877-478-7827

SpecialNeedsatSea toll free 1-800-513-4515

Good luck and have a great cruise

Even if it is last minute I would call and see if they can help you...

Here are the numbers: Carevacations Toll Free 1-877-478-7827

SpecialNeedsatSea toll free 1-800-513-4515

Good luck and have a great cruise

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately, I waited to literally the LAST minute...we're starting our cruise tomorrow morning! I called Carevacations, and they did do some checking around to see if they could help me, but they just don't have something available with such short notice.

I'll keep those numbers though, in case I need them in the future.

I have a small wheelchair that I'll be taking, to use on the ship. I just won't have anything to use on shore, so I'll just take it easy if I need to.

Thanks again, to everyone who chimed in :)

Well, last minute or not --- I doubt very much if you could take

the motorized scooter ashore. Again, you don't state where your cruise is going ---- if the ports are "tendered" --- the crew probably

will not be able to load the scooter onboard to use on your shore excursions, anyway. Walking behind your wheelchair (like a walker) will

have to do. Bon Voyage !

Archived