ECSTASY balcony divider question Empress deck

I was just able to upgrade from ocean view connecting cabins to side by side balcony cabins on the Ecstasy. My question is: can we have the room steward open the diveders between the balconies of the two rooms?

If it makes a difference they are rooms E234 and E236. WE could not get connecting rooms- but were hoping to be able to connect the balconies.

Appreciate any feedback as I got one Carnival rep telling me yes when I booked and when I called back because I did not receive my confirmation of upgrading and asked again- he said no.

Thanks!:confused:

I admit I dont know, but since the balconys were hung on the outside of OV cabins, just attached to the hull, I would guess no, since they are not like balconys built at the time a ship was built. Ugly most said when they were done, but now people accept the new look of the ships that had balconys added.

not really the answer we were looking for- forgot they attached the balconies to the ov rooms:(

hopefully they did something where they can open the balcony dividers on the Ecstasy. If not- all is not lost-lol-we'll have a good time no matter what:D

I admit I dont know, but since the balconys were hung on the outside of OV cabins, just attached to the hull, I would guess no, since they are not like balconys built at the time a ship was built. Ugly most said when they were done, but now people accept the new look of the ships that had balconys added.

I was just able to upgrade from ocean view connecting cabins to side by side balcony cabins on the Ecstasy. My question is: can we have the room steward open the diveders between the balconies of the two rooms?

If it makes a difference they are rooms E234 and E236. WE could not get connecting rooms- but were hoping to be able to connect the balconies.

Appreciate any feedback as I got one Carnival rep telling me yes when I booked and when I called back because I did not receive my confirmation of upgrading and asked again- he said no.

Thanks!:confused:

According to carnival yes they do open but I wouldn't guarantee it~

Sensation – Ecstasy - Fascination

Cabin E234 8C OST3 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 upper rab:0

View: window and balcony balcony partition connects: E230 and E236

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Sensation – Ecstasy - Fascination

Cabin E236 8C OSTW 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and balcony balcony partition connects: E234 and E238

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Yes, they will open. I had M226 on the Ecstasy and noticed that the balcony dividers are hinged on the opposite side than they are on the Conquest Class, Splendor and Dream Class ships... they open toward the rail rather than the hull so none of the doors get blocked. Here's a picture of the partition on my balcony...

IMG_2672.jpg

:)

that just made my day;)

We are splitting up into 2 rooms for my family -and I will be in one with 2 kiddos and my husband in the 2nd room with the other child and having connecting balconies would be a dream as the rooms do not have a connecting door.

This will make sitting out on the balcony MUCH more enjoyable :D

THANKS AGAIN!

LOVE CRUISE CRITIC!

that just made my day;)

We are splitting up into 2 rooms for my family -and I will be in one with 2 kiddos and my husband in the 2nd room with the other child and having connecting balconies would be a dream as the rooms do not have a connecting door.

This will make sitting out on the balcony MUCH more enjoyable :D

THANKS AGAIN!

LOVE CRUISE CRITIC!

Happy to help!

You do need to remember that one cabin will lose a fair portion of their view of the sea due to that partition being swung up against the rail!

:)

Archived