formal nights on 11 night cruise

We are on Independance of the seas doing 11 nights Canary Islands in October, Could anyone tell me how many formal nights there will be. I am thinking 2 but is this correct? also is it true that Tuxes and gowns are not the norm and I would be better wearing a cocktail dress rather that a full length dress, many tahnks for your help, it's our first time with RCI:)

There will probably be two formal nights. We have been on several RCI cruises and I could count on one hand the number of tuxedos and formal gowns I see. Most women, who chose to dress for formal night, wear cocktail dresses or dressy tops and slacks. Men wear suits.

There are a lot more people choosing not to dress up on formal night. I think formal nights are alway fun.

I am hoping our next cruise will be the Canary Island cruise.

Enjoy your cruises.

We are on Independance of the seas doing 11 nights Canary Islands in October, Could anyone tell me how many formal nights there will be. I am thinking 2 but is this correct? also is it true that Tuxes and gowns are not the norm and I would be better wearing a cocktail dress rather that a full length dress, many tahnks for your help, it's our first time with RCI:)

I think two is correct for this length of cruise. We had three on our 12 nt eastern med cruise in 2008. Cocktail dresses are more than acceptable for formal nights, (that is what most women wear), with a suit and tie for the men.

Have fun with it, we always enjoy dressing up for formal nights. :p

Sharon

Archived