Discover Scuba in Grand Turk

kimberann

Ok.. anyone done this shore trip and if so do you know how deep you get in the water??

I have a kodak playsport water proof camera but it can only go 10ft... so I am looking at others and want to make sure I get what is needed..

thanks!!!

Ok.. anyone done this shore trip and if so do you know how deep you get in the water??

I have a kodak playsport water proof camera but it can only go 10ft... so I am looking at others and want to make sure I get what is needed..

thanks!!!

Hi Kimber Ann, You might want to consider a discover scuba class in your area, check the internet. I did it locally, $25 for everything. I think they go 20 feet to 30 feet. Maybe others who have done it will chime in. You might want to consider open water certification before you go. I'm glad I did. A lot of things to learn and I had two days a week for three weeks. Have fun. :D

These resort dive courses take you 20 to 30 feet as cruise dude mentioned. Your 10 foot waterproof camera won't hold up to the pressure. They are only good for snorkelling.

I fully agree with cruise dude do it properly at your local dive shop. One hour on scuba gear doesn't cut it.

thanks!!!

You will be at least 25 feet. they are not supposed to take you deeper than 30 but they often go to 35 or 40.

You will have a tough time finding a camera that you can dive with.

It's been a long time since I took a scuba resort course but I would think you not be allowed to take a camera with you.You will have enough going on without the distraction of a camera. Task overloading in scuba can be a very bad thing.The instructor may take the camera and take some pictures for you or the operator may even videotape the dive for you.25-30 feet is deep enough for "Discover Scuba".Make sure to follow all the instructions and have fun.

Archived