What time to leave Maho

gmadvm

On a Saturday, in December, with 2 ships in port, what time to leave Maho via taxi to leave enough time to get back to the ship? Our ship leaves at 5pm so I think all aboard is 4:30. Probably not after 2:30? Or earlier than that.

The ship docks at 8am. The plan is to go to Front Street and liquor shop and drop it off at the ship. I know some of the liquor stores deliver to the ship, but last time we were in St. Maarten in 2009 Guavaberry did not, and they were not open until around 10am. DH knows exactly what he wants, so hopefully will not take too long to pick it out and drop it off at the ship. Then will take a taxi to Maho to see some planes. I see that the bigger ones are more active in the afternoon, otherwise we would reverse the order of the day and not be worrying about what time to get back at all.

Thanks for the expertise.

On a Saturday, in December, with 2 ships in port, what time to leave Maho via taxi to leave enough time to get back to the ship? Our ship leaves at 5pm so I think all aboard is 4:30. Probably not after 2:30? Or earlier than that.

The ship docks at 8am. The plan is to go to Front Street and liquor shop and drop it off at the ship. I know some of the liquor stores deliver to the ship, but last time we were in St. Maarten in 2009 Guavaberry did not, and they were not open until around 10am. DH knows exactly what he wants, so hopefully will not take too long to pick it out and drop it off at the ship. Then will take a taxi to Maho to see some planes. I see that the bigger ones are more active in the afternoon, otherwise we would reverse the order of the day and not be worrying about what time to get back at all.

Thanks for the expertise.

Saturday is a busy day when many vacationers arrive on the island by plane. Many of these visitors will be staying in timeshares, a number of which are in the Simpson Bay area which is between the airport and the Philipsburg. I would leave no later then 2:30 and ask to be dropped directly at the pier. I would expect it to take about an hour so you would have an hour buffer.

The ship docks at 8am. The plan is to go to Front Street and liquor shop and drop it off at the ship. I know some of the liquor stores deliver to the ship, but last time we were in St. Maarten in 2009 Guavaberry did not, and they were not open until around 10am.<snip>

Definitely be out of Maho by 2:30, 2:45 at the latest.

Guavaberry shop may not deliver, but my new find at Ocean Jewelry, less than a hundred yards away, does deliver and their price of $15 is probably $5 less per bottle for several flavors of the real Guavaberry offerings. They have MANY choices of the local Ma Dou Dou, as well, at very good prices.

th_DSCN1200.jpg

(click)

Most shops on Frontstreet will be opening in the 9-10 am range.

gary

thanks Gary, does Ocean jewelry have the Guavaberry rum? Not just the guavaberry liquor that people describe as cough syrup, but the rum in the painted bottles with the little guavaberries floating around? That is DH's favorite, that and the cough syrup. :)

Archived