internet and cell while on the spirit

v22wife

I'm sure this question pops up every couple of days :o but can someone enlighten me on the price of internet? 5 years ago on another cl I remember it being silly expensive so we bought like an hour mid way thru to check in with family and make sure the grandmas were ok with the kids.

Secondly, what's the deal with using cellphones when in port. Technology changes so fast, lol. I have an ATT iphone. What can I expect if I want to make calls while docked? Is it wicked expensive? I assume I can add some international plan for the week, but I'd like advice from someone who has recently done this.

TIA!

The cost of the internet on the Star was not including any extra minutes offered on certain days

250 minutes for $100

100 minutes for $50

and I think the per minute cost was around $.75/min.

I can't help you with your cell phone questions, sorry.

Secondly, what's the deal with using cellphones when in port. Technology changes so fast, lol. I have an ATT iphone. What can I expect if I want to make calls while docked? Is it wicked expensive? I assume I can add some international plan for the week, but I'd like advice from someone who has recently done this.

TIA!

You'd really need to check with AT&T for charges while in port. Each company probably has different rates depending on the country and different plans available. While on the ship and using the ship's cell tower, it is $2.50 a minute to talk on your cell phone. With Verizon, you can text for .50 each sent and .05 for each received. But again, check your company's web site or call for specifics.

Archived