Norwegian Pearl Review in the Carribean...ehh

MisterVile

Nope, i am a straight shooter

Nah...I'm not buying it. You do tell half truths, though.

Examples that actually exist please

Nope, i said the state room hallways and ceilings made me feel claustrophobic, not the whole ship.

Don't forget your complaints about the common areas.

AREA singular. the room with blue lagoon and tango etc..

Last time i checked everything i mentions was the same price for everyone, are you trying to discredit me? not working.

This didn't make any sense to me.

Me neither, read what you wrote and explain.

No i did not. You cannot read. I said THE ADDITIONAL TIP not the AUTOMATIC tip. I never brought alcohol on the NCL ship, you are making stuff up and are really looking stupid.

Dude...Reality check...I think it's pretty much a consensus who is looking really stupid and it ain't me.

I'll go back to 3rd grade.. No, YOU ARE!. Three claims to back this up.

1. You flat out lied and made stuff up about my review and posts.

2. You use the word ain't.

3. You use a stooge as your avatar.

I expected someone who was remotely funny which you agreed with.

I did? Where?

When you said Naster wasn't funny. Memory loss?

Just for background I have sailed multiple times on 4 different cruise lines, Celebrity, NCL, RCI and Carnival in the last 18 months.

I gave an example of what I felt was "nickel and diming" in the form of offering me an edible steak in the Triumph MDR for an extra $15.

I am really curious, what ways exactly did you find you were more nickel and dimed on NCL than on Carnival or any other line for that matter?

I am sorry but I keep asking this question and have yet to get an answer that differs from what any other main stream line is doing.

I answered, check my response where i mention bingo announcements etc..

I enjoyed the Triumph, I really did and will likely sail on her again. If you found that to be a more "complete" experience that is where you should sail. You need to do what makes you happy.

Wasn't calling you specifically a fan boi but I do feel that Carnival has a great number of such cruisers. Here is an entire thread basically lamenting that they tried something, gasp!, other than Carnival.

"Dear Carnival sorry I strayed!!!"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1424436

In reading the different boards the NCL crowd in general seems to view NCL as one of their options without exhibiting blind loyalty.

Wow, what a pathetic thread. Yeah that makes carnival look really bad. You are probably right about NCL boards not being riddled with as many fan boys, but is it because NCL has less market share (but same proportionally) or are the fans that much more intelligent? I really don't know, just something to think about.

I think you're confused and suffering from memory loss.

Again, I ask...Where did I say that?

Been on the Pearl, and don't agree with everything you wrote.

But David Naster? ¡Caramba! That boy just ain't funny.

I still don't "get" what you and others mean by "nickel and diming." Carnival pushed all the same extra stuff on me that NCL did, I saw no difference. What am I missing?

i got it wrong, it was Big Steve.

Now that i made a mistake and owned up to it, are you going to do the same or are you going to ignore my accusations that you lied and made stuff up?

i got it wrong, it was Big Steve.

Now that i made a mistake and owned up to it, are you going to do the same or are you going to ignore my accusations that you lied and made stuff up?

What did I lie about?

Was it the high maintenance girlfriend?

Was this cruise her idea?

Have you personally cruised prior to this cruise?

What is the name of that restaurant in Buffalo that is so low priced?

What did I lie about?

You know all ready, unless you really are stupid, which i doubt.

This to be precise:

Apparently he got lucky and was able to sneak booze onto a Carnival ship (if he really has cruised before) and appears angry he was busted for boolegging on NCL.

There was no "luck" it was clearly in my bag at the very top, there was no "sneaking".

Also, I was not busted on NCL because i did not bring liquor on NCL

Was it the high maintenance girlfriend?

Yes, this is called making stuff up, and i would probably punch you in the face if you said this to me in reality. My girlfriend is sweet and always asks my opinion.

Was this cruise her idea?

No, it was actually mine. I wanted to try another line.

Have you personally cruised prior to this cruise?

Just the Triumph cruise

What is the name of that restaurant in Buffalo that is so low priced?

You want three?

Fuji Grill

Fuji Grill II

Kyoto

I am not going to bring this up again, but you are being unfair by telling people last year you brought rum onto the ship, this is just not so or if you did, somehow it went undetected. That is possible. So don't let people think Carnival allows booze, read the alcohol rules for Carnival if you don't believe me. I have enough clients who have cruised Carnival lately to know what I am talking about. Or better yet, don't believe me, wander over to the Carnival board and see what people are saying.

sigh, i did and that is really the truth of the matter, i don't care anymore.

If you paid $25 for Le Birstro you are the only one that has ever paid that much. Maybe you had just had too much to drink that night and thought you were paying $25. Oh wait, didn't you say you paid more cause you ordered a steak, which was it? Was you bill $50 for two and no steak or was the extra charge your steak?

Nita

I ordered the steak and with tip it was over $50 that was my mistake i pointed out all ready.

no one expects you to add an extra tip. That line is there for the few who do think the wait person has gone above and beyond. some wait until the end of the cruise and will add a certain amount for a wait person they have used all week. This is the same in all resorts. They add 15 or 18% to the bar bill and have a place for an additional tip if people choose. I do think, at this stage in your life, you are going to enjoy AI much better.

Cruising is a wonderful value, no matter how you see it, but it isn't for everyone.

Nita

Thanks, i agree

Disney actually allows liquor (probably because after paying for the cruise you might not be able to afford to buy it on the ship ;))

We just had to buy the plastic versions.

I wasn't thinking about the upscale lines which is what Disney is considered. Pretty funny but true comment about not being able to afford to buy booze after paying for the Disney cruise.

NIta LOl

Aaah Yesss --- Brings back memories of the "good old days" !!!

I learned the secret to beat that system. I messed up the job (I guess) so bad that now they pay me to stay away !! (Some call it retirement)

are you a federal worker???

Based on your review I would think that cruising might not be for you.

i was thinking the same thing.

OP must live somewhere where you can get those type of meals for cheap, i just paid $18 for two at a fast food place:eek:

if i wanted to eat in the pay-fors i would gladly pay the extra--but in 9 cruises we havent had to...PLENTY of GOOD FREE food!!

i just dont get the NICKLE-and-DIMING thing....all cruises unless you are doing an exclusive charge you extra for things.

maybe an AI place would better suit you!

as for the ports some itineraries are better than others...

doesnt sound like you really researched them out...

out of all the cruises we have been on there probably was one port where we could take it or leave it...Acapulco!

i LOVE NCL but i agree with the others..dont think the GEM is what you will be looking for either!!

Aaah Yesss --- Brings back memories of the "good old days" !!!

I learned the secret to beat that system. I messed up the job (I guess) so bad that now they pay me to stay away !! (Some call it retirement)

love it, glad they pay you, some companies just retire you and don't give you a cent..Keep it up...and lots of smiles to you,

Nita

i was thinking the same thing.

OP must live somewhere where you can get those type of meals for cheap, i just paid $18 for two at a fast food place:eek:

if i wanted to eat in the pay-fors i would gladly pay the extra--but in 9 cruises we havent had to...PLENTY of GOOD FREE food!!

i just dont get the NICKLE-and-DIMING thing....all cruises unless you are doing an exclusive charge you extra for things.

maybe an AI place would better suit you!

h the ports, a little too muc

as for the ports some itineraries are better than others...

doesnt sound like you really researched them out...

out of all the cruises we have been on there probably was one port where we could take it or leave it...Acapulco!

i LOVE NCL but i agree with the others..dont think the GEM is what you will be looking for either!!

thanks for your comments only thing i have to say is that i did research

the the ports, a little too much actually that it was tough to discern what excursions were actually good and which ones were less so. cayo leventado was rated highly but there were too many people. the tortola excursions were just not very interesting.

Archived