NO SCARRY RIDE Excursion??

Boatingmom

• 4 months later...

I can understand, we were staying at the Heritage Inn on Windy Hill Road and I took a video of cruise ship folks going over the switchbacks in an open safari bus holding on for dear life on their way to Cane Garden Bay and it was funny!:p

Unfortunately you will need to take part of that ride to get to the less crowded Long Bay or Smuggler's Cove beaches (unless you hire a private charter sail for the day).

But you can go to Long Bay, Beef Island with mostly a flat drive from Road Town. That's more of a locals beach and no real vendors there. But it's a beautiful beach near the airport. Trellis Bay is a mile down the road on the other side of the airport, and there are spots there for eating and drinking,a nd some artsy pottery and clothing shops.

You already have 2 posters here who could go in on a package together like a water taxi, these are available for hire if you have the money, and having more people makes it economical. You could go to JVD or a beach on Tortola.

Another option (and probably your best) is taking the early ferry to Virgin Gorda and going to the Baths. There are taxis at the ferry dock near Spanish Town, have one drop you at the Top of the Baths and pick you up later and take you to the Mine Shaft for lunch - exquisite views of the islands from there, and a great drink called the "Cave In". "It's all in the juice, mon!" Then have the taxi pick you up for a return to the ferry.

Anything interest you? How many of you are there?

Archived