Celebrity Silhoutte Sept 2011

blueamber

LIttle questions about Celebrity ships I cannot seem to find out so help would be appreciated?

Lay out and much will be like Equinox so hope seasoned cruisers can assist. We will have sky deck cabin 1227, good for elevators as semi disabled but info in UK seems to say that midships cabins on that deck get very little sun due to overhang, is that right?

Do Celebrity ships do afternoon tea - such a requirement for us british cruisers?

ON all the P&O ships we have been on Balcony cabins all have special one way tinted glass in the doors so if you are in port or next to another ship you have privacy as no-one can see into your cabin at all? This does not seem the case with pictures I have seen of balconies of Celebrity ships so I guess we need to be a bit more careful with state of undress in cabins at times?

Thank you

Amber

No afternoon tea, unless invitied to 'elegant tea', or have a suite(I think?). Miss that on Celebrity. Did our own with room service, on our balcony.

No tinting, no shears on Solstice class (miss that on this class of ships). Have to be careful at anytime...You never know who is poking around or looking around barriers.

LIttle questions about Celebrity ships I cannot seem to find out so help would be appreciated?

Lay out and much will be like Equinox so hope seasoned cruisers can assist. We will have sky deck cabin 1227, good for elevators as semi disabled but info in UK seems to say that midships cabins on that deck get very little sun due to overhang, is that right?

Do Celebrity ships do afternoon tea - such a requirement for us british cruisers?

ON all the P&O ships we have been on Balcony cabins all have special one way tinted glass in the doors so if you are in port or next to another ship you have privacy as no-one can see into your cabin at all? This does not seem the case with pictures I have seen of balconies of Celebrity ships so I guess we need to be a bit more careful with state of undress in cabins at times?

Thank you

Amber

Yes, there is afternoon tea with savouries, scones and sweets available every day in the buffet...at 3:30 or 4:00 pm....please check your Celebrity Today for correct times.

You have to make your own tea, but the food is very nice, and there is never any problem finding a seat, and the view is lovely.

Here are some pictures I posted of the offerings for tea up in the Buffet

On most sailings, there is also one complimentary "elegant tea" for Elite cruisers, with full tea service.

There is also an elegant "Afternoon Champagne Tea served in Murano for $25 per person, or $19 without Champagne. I think this happens once or twice per cruise, depending on the length of the cruise.

Archived