Costa Maya Swim & Shade?

LkMichigan beach bum

:) We are on the Carnival Valor April 3 from Miami. We are traveling with my Mom (85 years ) and our Granddaughter 14 years old. Is this Tapas close to swimming? We had considered the Beach Party for $25.00, however we already spent a furtune on the other port trips. Anyone thinks the Beach Party is a good deal? Lk Michigan Beach Bum

We were in Costa Maya in Feb and spent the day at Tapas. We had a great time!

Tapas is maybe half way through the very small village. Their beach area is very small with MAYBE 10 small tables and I think 8 lounge chairs right on the edge of the water. We had a table under a palm tree so we had plenty of shade and we also used several of the lounge chairs by the water to soak up some sun. The beach is beautiful. The water was very calm and shallow for a good distance. At times, all I could hear was the sound of the waves and the breeze through the plam trees. Paradise!

There were many vendors along the street for t-shirts and other stuff.

There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 teens. Our total bill was less than $100, and that included lunch and several beers and margaritas (yum). Alan, our waiter, was terrific.

I hope you enjoy your day as much as we did!

Joni

:) We are on the Carnival Valor April 3. We had considered the Beach Party for $25.00, however we already spent a furtune on the other port trips. Anyone thinks the Beach Party is a good deal? Lk Michigan Beach Bum

Since the beach is free and most of the bars will let you use their tables and/or chairs as long as you order something to eat and/or drink, the only reason to pay $25 for the Beach Party is for the "all you can drink" alcoholic beverages. I don't drink enough for this to be worth it to me! I'll only be ordering maybe 1 daquiri, then probably cokes and water! This should be much cheaper than $25!

We spent our day at the beach break party and it was definitely worth it for the drinks and the comfort. I guess its really busy this time of year and we walked through the village on our way and we were so happy to know we had reserved chairs in a shady spot on the beach!!! Every place was cram packed and they were turning people away on the beach we had but our chairs were waiting for us when we arrived and they were wonderful hosts!!

I would highly recommend the beach break party on http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com to anyone that wants a hassle free day and wants to know they will have space on the beach in what I saw to be the nicest beach in town!

Here's a suggestion off the beaten path. I grabbed this off the Maya Palms must see thread. Hope it helps.

Maya Palms Resort Report - Must see!!!

My family (me, my bride & boys 12 & 15 and my father 82 years young) visited Maya Palms Resort in Costa Maya last week. A piece of paradise is a fair description. From the village of Mahahual a cab ride of 25 minutes and a round trip cost of $30 is very reasonable in my opinion. We were greeted at the entrance by the resorts manager Scott and given the grand tour. What a spectacular place. Most of the day was spent swimming and sunning at the pool, walking the beach, & relaxing. A very delicious lunch was served and drinks provided all at a very reasonable price. Diving is provided by Master Diver Doug which we didn’t take advantage of – but will next time. This is a must see – must do if your going to Costa Maya. We’re glad we did! Enjoy! www.mayapalms.com

Jeff

:)

Archived