Food on the Spirit

cntwait2cruz

I've seen on other cruise line threads that you can order multiple entrees. I was wondering if anyone knew what the Spirit's policy was on this. Especially on lobster night and in the speciality restraunts where you are charged the cover charge.

Thanks!!!! :D

Windows and the other one. I'm not sure about the speciality restaurants with upcharges because I've never been hungry after my meal. I know that the staff will usually do anything within reason to make you happy and if more food is the answer, then I would imagine they would glady provide you with more.

I've seen on other cruise line threads that you can order multiple entrees. I was wondering if anyone knew what the Spirit's policy was on this. Especially on lobster night and in the speciality restraunts where you are charged the cover charge.

Thanks!!!! :D

You can order multiple entrees in the main dining rooms as well as the speciality restaurants... The cover charge is a 1-time fee (for that night), after that you can eat as much as you please... The only time you'll pay for what you order is if there is an a la carte menu (usually only @ the Sushi/teppanyaki bar)

We just back from the Spirit March 13th Cruise, and the food in the main dinging room was horrendous. I am not kidding. We could only choke it down once. I would compare this to a KFC or a lower end buffet.

The food in the Alternative ding was a little better than average but worth it. The steak was not par with Ruth Chris but it was good.

We just back from the Spirit March 13th Cruise, and the food in the main dinging room was horrendous. I am not kidding. We could only choke it down once. I would compare this to a KFC or a lower end buffet.

The food in the Alternative ding was a little better than average but worth it. The steak was not par with Ruth Chris but it was good.

what specifically was so horrendous about the food in the main dinning room? I'm just wondering because I've heard much of the opposite, that the food in the Windows & Gardens Restaurants was fantastic. I'm on the April 1 sailing. I have always found the food on NCL (especially in the speciality restaurants) to be quite good.

what specifically was so horrendous about the food in the main dinning room? I'm just wondering because I've heard much of the opposite, that the food in the Windows & Gardens Restaurants was fantastic. I'm on the April 1 sailing. I have always found the food on NCL (especially in the speciality restaurants) to be quite good.

I would recommend putting more credence into the previous things that you have heard. I feel fully confident that you will be able to ‘choke it down’. The food is very good.

Generally, when someone posts the same negative reply to several different threads, others tend to discount the poster... I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Michael, your opinion would be better recieved if you just post a review of your trip, instead of posting the same negative, angry,replies to several different threads. Sorry your trip was so lousy.

i agree with michael. there were 3 nights out of 9 that my husband and I ended up getting something at blue lagoon after dinner because we just couldn't eat the food. Once it was the red snapper that they obviously microwaved. tasted like rubber. another was the night i ordered chicken pot pie and it was a crust with bland soup inside. that night my husband ordered the vegetarian meal. we still can't decide what the mystery dish was. the third time was on president's night when we got two orders of fat trimmed with steak. i have always liked the food on ncl, but this was a disgrace. we went to the steakhouse on the last night because the food is traditionally worst on that night. they were offering a 1 1/2 lb. lobster special. but they ran out and served us the same lobster tails we got in the regular restaurant on the second night. let us know how you like the food superfly jeff.

DH and I went on the Spirit 9 day on January 7, 2005. We thought the food was delicious. The buffets are ok, good but nothing special. But that is usually it for buffets.

We ate in both Windows and the Garden Room. Food was very good to excellent in both, but we liked the ambiance in Windows better.

For specialty restuarants, we ate one night in Maxims. Food was good, my husband enjoyed his surf and turf more than I enjoyed my veal chop. I thought the veal was tasty but a but tough. Also, we had a very tiny table for two behind a pole. So the space was a bit uncomfortable. We asked to be moved, but there were no other available tables for 2.

We ate one night in Shogun. The quality was very good. It was nice change to have the asian cuisine.

We also had 2 lunches at the Teppanyaki Table. The first one was fabulous. The second one just ok. DH really loved it the first time and he insisted we go again. So right there you have how different people can have different experiences on the same cruise.

Blue Lagoon had very tasty food. We had a lunch and a couple late night snacks here.

The pool side and lunch barbeques are excellent. Hot, fresh, and tasty, right off the grill, burgers, steaks, chops, ribs and side dishes to choose from as well.

If you don't like what you ordered, chose something else. THe waiters want to please you.

We ate at tables for 2 every night around 8-8:30pm. The only nights we had to wait more than 5 minutes were formal night. The longest wait was 20 minutes, but not a big deal for us. WE were always seated at very nice tables, usually right next to the windows.

Happy cruising, Kathy

If you don't like what you ordered, chose something else. THe waiters want to please you.

I couldn't agree w/ you any more! You really should let people know if you're not happy w/ what you got. You don't have to be rude and I bet that they would rather you have you nicely say that you'd like to try something else than leave there having an unsatisifying experience. As I said before, we tend to dine a lot in the speciality restuarants (especially Le Bistro...our Favorite) and the food is wonderful there, no matter what ship we've been on.

My Dad said something to me last night that really brought it all to one point. Is it ever really that bad when you're cruising? A bad day on a cruise is better than a great day at work!

I have the luxury of traveling extensively on business and have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the country. The food in Windows was buffet quality. It was not what I would expect on a cruise ship.

I will agree with you on the Blue Lagoon. That was probably some of the best lunches we had on cruise ships.

As for the Specialty restaurants they were good. If I were to go on NCL again, I would make all the nights a specialty restaurants. I may not like all dishes, but at least they use good quality food.

PS the beds are still like rocks.

:eek:

Most average people don't have the same luxury that you do, so don't know if your opinion is fair or not. Maybe it was like a trough for you, but for most people it's probably nothing to really complain about. Most people are glad that they didn't have to cook. All a matter of perception and expectations I guess. Also the bed were built for Asians initially not Americans. I've lived in Asia (Japan) and found the beds to be hard there, too.

I have the luxury of traveling extensively on business and have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the country. The food in Windows was buffet quality. It was not what I would expect on a cruise ship.

I will agree with you on the Blue Lagoon. That was probably some of the best lunches we had on cruise ships.

As for the Specialty restaurants they were good. If I were to go on NCL again, I would make all the nights a specialty restaurants. I may not like all dishes, but at least they use good quality food.

PS the beds are still like rocks.

:eek:

This might be a good thing. Perhaps on our upcoming cruise I won't gain the usual 5 to 7 lbs!!!! I'm pretty sure I will find something to choke down! And if it isn't good when they bring it to me I will politely ask for something different until I find something I like ;)

Archived