Are flights out of SJU on Sat (not Sun) before 10am possible?

Floppy McTurnriver

Hello,

I'm looking for some feedback from those experienced cruisers that have flown out of SJU on a Saturday morning before 10am. (The ship - Celeb Summit is posted as docking at 6am)

I've read some of the posts recommending flights out of SJU to be booked after 12pm but that was for Sunday.

Just wondering if Saturday mornings are better?

thanks in advance

ss

I think it is too early. I wouldn't risk it before 11-12, but it all depends.

When is your cruise? If it is summer, there are fewer cruise ships in port, so the airport is less busy.

But you never know when the ship actually clears at the port and allows people to debark. Things happen that sometimes slows that down.

You can see if the ship offers early (first) debarkation for people with early flights.

Possible? Yes. We've arrived in San Juan at 6:00 AM twice on weekends (I think on Saturday both times), and both times we have been at the airport before 9:00. And we weren't even the first ones off the ship.

Having said that, would I schedule a flight for that time? Personally, I would not. There are too many things that could go wrong. The ship could have a problem and be late, ICE could be late clearing the ship (it just takes questions about one passenger's documentation), there could be traffic on the way to the airport, Customs or Agriculture could pick your bags to search....

Also, during our last trip in January 2011, the TSA line was VERY long. We had plenty of time so we didn't care, but if I was pushing to make a flight, I would have been biting my fingernails. I didn't exactly enjoy hanging around SJU for a few hours, but I would do the same thing again rather than risk missing a flight and having to pay the last-minute ticket price.

Archived