What does "Group" mean?

Audi

On June 8th, I booked a VF Guarantee on the Westerdam for November 13th, 2011. As of Yesterday, HAL is no longer listing VF's and VE's on their price pages. The balconies above these (VD to VA) have considerably higher prices than when I booked and they all say "group" in the price section. Does this mean that a large group has bought out a lot of the balcony cabins? All of the other cabins (inside, outside and suites) remain the same prices.

Where are you seeing the word "group"? I'm aware of a group on this cruise, but they are booking a variety of categories. They wouldn't be taking all those V cabins. Maybe there is another group or more likely maybe you misread "group" or it means a TA block of cabins.

Maybe a TA is holding a block of cabins. It doesn't show up when you look at HAL's websight. I found this by looking on a cruise websight and it does say "Group" beneath each price that is listed under TD through TA. There are no TF or TE cabins listed as available.

Maybe a TA is holding a block of cabins. It doesn't show up when you look at HAL's websight. I found this by looking on a cruise websight and it does say "Group" beneath each price that is listed under TD through TA. There are no TF or TE cabins listed as available.

I know quite a bit about this and what your saying makes no sense at all :confused:

When a TA holds group space there are XX number of cabins in each category (I am guessing you mean above VF and VE) first off the category that HAL allows TA's a special rate for is the VD category in balconies never ever the VF or VE if anything the VD is as low or lower than those categories.

Of course this could be different if they are doing a partial charter and have paid HAL the initial deposit even those they have no names/booking numbers.

I have no ida where you would be seeing the word "Group" unless you TA has a web site and is claiming they have a group set up and that they are trying to say that is group pricing. But I have never held group space in those catgegories it is always starting at VD for balconies in groups.

If you sailing is more than 5 months out of the few cabins that are VF and VE maybe sold and HAL will bring them back when they plan to have a Three Day Sale and or Flash Sale which is when these cabins categories are used most often for guarantees for sales.

i think this indicates the TA has group space on hold., since they can't advertise a lower price anymore, this seems to be a way around that policy.

Archived