Carnival Holiday May 16th

MinnesotaMan

If you are asking how many ships will be in port in Mobile, the answer is that the Holiday is the only ship that sails out of Mobile. Hopefully in the future there will be others! Mobile is only a 5 hour drive for me! We will be there April 2nd.

Actually the question was about Costa Maya. We are indeed the only ship in port on May 16th and the Holiday is going to Cozumel the next day, where there are only 3 ships in port, which I hear is few for Cozumel. Thanks for the responses.

Then you are lucking out with your ports- When we sailed the Miracle we had 8 ships in Cozumel. 6 in grand cayman- 3 in costa maya.

I see you are in Cozumel with granduer of the Seas, and the Inspirtation. Waht a great day for you in Cozumel. These are smaller ships that do not hold a lot of people..

And to have Costa Maya all to yourself.. Im sooo jealous. Will you be venturing to Majuahaul?

The plan is currently to go into the village and *********************, and then do a snorkle by boat. We are still getting info about a trip to the C ruins, but my wife has MS and between the heat and the rugged terrain, that may not be a good idea. Plus, we are only in port for 7 hours and I want to have time to just lie on the beach and get a massage.

Our bigger day is in Cozumel where we're spending the day at the dolphin park. That is my wife's birthday wish, which is the reason for the cruise to begin with.

We're booked for an IS guar, and the Carnival guy said that we may end up with an upgrade. I ordered room decorations, but I'm concerned that that may "select" a room for us in advance even if an upgrade is avvailable. I was also told to arrive as early as possible for the best chance to upgrade.

Any ideas on any of this?

Hmmm, i think your agent dont understand about upgrades.

upgrades are not handed out at the port like that--cabins are set 72 hours before sailing. There are ways to find out where your cabin is located but cant really figure it out til you are 40 days or under for your cruise.

I agree with him by telling youpier as early as possible. (between 10:30 and 11am so you can be onboard by noon- go eat- search the ship then visit your cabin after 1pm.

When we went to Majuahaul- we visited Tapas BAr. Wait til the massagers are very slow coz then you can get a deal. We got a 45 minute massage for 15 bucks. It was truly a relaxing massage- plus a lot cheaper then the ones offered on the ship- at the beachin Majuahaul thre are tables, chairs and lounge chairs.. the water is cystal clear. Beautiful.

Over at the port of calls board there is a lot of information about Costa Maya.

How will you get to the schools in Majuahaul?

There are 8 of us. I hear the walk is only 20 mins and my wife will be on her scooter, so we may just walk in and taxi back. I presume we can just load the scooter in a taxi trunk. I know htere are busses from the pier, but with the scooter, they may be more trouble.

SO upgrades happen before you actually get to the ship? Someone told me they were first come, first serve. If the 72 hour thing is right, the decorations won't affect it. I was going the decorations in case they limited our chances at an upgrade.

20 minute walk??? are you consideringthe heat and the humidty? Majuahaul is 2 miles away from the pier in COsta Maya. When we went in February it was 88 degrees. and very warm-ok it was hot..(LOL) this is when I got my sunburn -waiting in the stupid line for the taxi tickets. A scooter?? Is that one of those 3 wheel wheel chairs.. is it heavy?? the taxi is not like here...they are very small cars. I thinkt he back will hold two people...i dont see how they can squash 3 people back there.

Upgrades dont come--first come first serve. THere is really no rhyme or reason to upgrades. I booked 14 months out and paid in full for a very cheap price for the LEgend. I watched the price go slowly up. I got what I paid for. People who booked the last month got upgraded. I got a good price so I was ok.

I appreciate the feedback. It sounds like my DW may just need to stay on the boat or at the pier in CM. Her best friend is also coming and neither of them is as interested in the village or snorkling as the Hubbies. As I said, I really want her to save her energy for Coz. Yes, the scooter is a 3 wheel job and it is heavy. We can take it apart or lift it (since we are such buff guys of course) but it may be too much for the taxis. Do you think the busses could accomodate it? Is there any other way back from the village? I guess walking is right out.

I'm not expecting an upgrade. As I said, I'm happy just to be on the boat. I just don't want to do anything that would exclude us from the possibility.

Only you could know if walking is a doable thing for you. Buses that run from Costa Maya to Majuahaul are not like buses here. THey are safari type buses.. I suggest to ask the cruise lines to borrow a wheel chair this day. and use the chair for this port. I dont know how a scooter will fold. Im sure it does not fold compactly like a reg chair?

There is plenty to see and do in Costa Maya. Do not stay on the ship- Costa Maya is a pretty country- and even if you stay at the pier..

What r u doing in COzumeL?

Did you book this swim with the dolphins? If not--please go to http://www.cozumelinsiders.com and check out the Royal Swim. I am sure your wife will be more then happy with this excursion as it only allows 8 people at a time to do the swim. There is also encounters so be careful to what you book.

Chunkanabb Park?? I was there for our first cruise= what an awesome place. Make sure you get a drink in a pineapple= they were the best. I think they were 5 bucks.

We already booked directly with Dolphin Discovery. We got the $136 price for #3 package. That is the park admin, the sea lion show, the sea lion swim, and the dolphin swim adventure. Ths swim adventure is between the "Encounter" where you are on a platform in the water with up to 20 people for 20 mins (this is the one the cruise line books) and the "Royal Swim" where you are in the water for 45 mins with up to 8 people. The "Swim Adventure" is a max of 10 people and you are with the dolphins for 30 mins. Some of the things you do with the dolphins are different from the Royal Swim, but my wife couldn't do some of the more athletic things anyway. She has a hard time standing, let alone standing on the backs of two dolphins as they push her through the water. The kicker with this is that because of my wife's special needs, and her scooter, DD agreed to pick our party up at the pier and transport us to and from the park.

Im so glad to hear you booked this excursion already. I was worried that your wife would have been disappointed is she waited and it is the one thing she wants to do. Make sure you take tons of pictures or remortgage your home as the agent that willbe doing your tour will take pictures for you.

I'm already trying to figure out where to pack all the disposable and underwater cameras we're planning on taking. My wife knows nothing about all this yet. We will reveal it at Easter dinner. She knows something is going on but doesn't know all the details. She will freak!

Oh, and I was able to use the modify booking link and found out that we are currently assigned cabin E12. Thats at the front of the Empress deck. It isn't an OV or Balcony yet, but I'm delighted.

Thanks for all your help and have a Happy Easter. Christ is Risen!

She was totally overwhelmed. She started to cry. I gave her a whole packet of info with the deck plans and a map of Costa Maya and all the info I could get on the park. And yes, the dolphins as well. She is still in shock. She can't believe it is really happening. What a great joy for me to be able to give her this gift and to be able to enjoy it myself as well.

Archived