Carnival Holiday May 16th

MinnesotaMan

Wonderful. Looking forward to it. Any info on you or your mates would be great. Have you checked out the ROLL CALL thread for our cruise? "Holiday-may14"? It's under ROLL CALL - Carnival in the Forum Jump. You can just do a search on the date to pull it up. So far, there is only one other CC member on that thread. Please join us. We may be able to get a meet and mingle set up yet.

First of all this is the first cruise for all of us. We are going pretty unconventional. THere are 4 of us going and we are all staying in the same room so it will be cramped for sure. It is me my girlfriend, and my two cousins. We range it age from 21,20,20, 30.

We decided to take a crusie as a after school vacation. I have always wanted to, so we set it up and tried to find the cheapest way to get on the boat.

Our thinking going into the crusie is that we dont plan on spending to much time in our rooms so me might as well go cheap and save some money. I you can see we are all college aged kids, so we like to have a good time. We are not rowdy so dont worry, we all come from good background so dont expect alot of rowdiness from us.

We are from Scranton, AR which is about 2 hours west of Little Rock. We will be driving down the day before and staying in mobile.

We are just out to have a good time and see differnt parts of the world and maybe have a drink or two.

Look forward to meeting you to

Great to hear from you. Here is a link to the ROLL CALL thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=152152&highlight=Holiday-may+14th

Go there to read more about our group and Corky14, the other group we've found.

We have the same attitude as you guys about the room. We got on the boat as cheeply as possible and don't plan on spending much time in the cabin. We actually have 5 in our room, but my sister has a room alone on Rivera deck. I imagine that the three teens will be thaking turns "sleeping over."

What seating are you for dinner?

We had 4 in a room, and 2 other families in our group had 5. We had inside cabins. The cabin steward put the 2 bottom beds together for us, making a king size bed, with the head of the bed on the wall to the left of the "window". One bunk folded down above our heads, and the other one on the opposite wall. I think for the 5th person, they slide in a cot-type thingy for the floor under the bunk on the opposite wall at the foot of the king-size bed.

Hope this doesn't duplicate posts. I though I already put this up...

We are in the big city of Minneapolis. We live 1 block from the mighty Mississippi River (although it isn't nearly as mighty up here as it is at the gulf).

It's 75 degrees today. I'm heading out with only a light jacket :)

Are you on the Holiday cruise out of Mobile on the 14th? If so, please join us on the ROLL CALL link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=152152

Emtnmare-

Hey, I just noticed that you are from beautiful St. Bonifacius, MN. I guess I should edit my profile. Who was that guy anyway, and why did they make him a saint?

BTW, when I said I thought I had previously posted my response, I didn't mean that your question was repetitive, I meant that something happened when I was trying to post and although I thought I saved the message, when I went back to the thread, it didn't show up.

Are you an EMT?

Back in my cab driving days, a driver had to be licensed in one suburb of Minneapolis and one suburb of St. Paul in order to pick up suburban passengers at MSP airport. (It's not like that anymore.) Anyhow, all the drivers used to go out to St. Boni to get the Suburban MPLS license because St. Boni would license cabs for $5 a year and you didn't even have to prove that you had a car. Ah, a time it was...

I hear that you guys have a pretty good college out there. Are you from the area? The closest I've gotten recently was the few years I worked in Shorewood and drove up to Rockford in the afternoons. I guess I more or less did a St. Boni drive-by.

Not sure how the town got it's name. I grew up in west central MN. I work as a paramedic in the metro. Hope you have a great time on your cruise. I was booked on the Holiday a couple of years ago. But it got stuck on a sand bar and the cruise was cancelled. Carnival treated us right. Got to see New Orleans on them.

It appears that the Holiday only has room for 5 in inside staterooms. I was looking at OVs, with the hope of an upgrade since we booked a guarantee, but there are no OV rooms listed that hold 5. With my sister in another cabin by herself, we are checking out the option of moving one of the kids to her room so we'll only have 4 in our room, which might get us an upgrade.

Have any of you had your cabins upgraded for this cruise by Carnival? Daybreak - you guys only have 4 in your room. Did you book a guar in this category or did you pick a room? Did you book through Carnival or use a TA?

I heard that it is not a good idea to move the two twins together because it cuts down the traffic pattern / floor space. Did you find that to be true adamsmom? With 5 in the room I guess there isn't any floor space anyway.

I heard that it is not a good idea to move the two twins together because it cuts down the traffic pattern / floor space. Did you find that to be true adamsmom? With 5 in the room I guess there isn't any floor space anyway.

Putting the beds together is really not an option for 5 in a room. (there will be nowhere to put the rollaway. Actually when we did the 5 on the Sensation we used the rollaway the first night and asked the cabin steward not to use it no more... we just got extra blankets and the last kid in at night got the floor. (they were in no hurry to get back and it seemed the same kid got the floor all week.

Havig 4 people in the cabin -putting the bed together is doable.

Archived