Southampton Nat'l Express Coach Station to Asda

Does anyone know the best way to walk from the Southampton National Express Coach Station to ASDA in order to purchase wine? Looking at Google Earth there appears to be two options, but I'm not sure about either one, possibly there's a better way?

Option 1- Go across Harbor Parade and use the 2nd story overhead covered walkway between what looks like a parking garage to the back of the ASDA building. Is there an entrance/exit to ASDA from this walkway?

Option 2- Go up Fitzhugh St and use the open walkway with the green railing next to the ASDA building until you reach the front corner of the building. But there appears to be an elevation change at the front and with trees etc in the picture I'm not sure if there is a stairway or such to reach the ASDA front entrance.

Is there a better option? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know the best way to walk from the Southampton National Express Coach Station to ASDA in order to purchase wine? Looking at Google Earth there appears to be two options, but I'm not sure about either one, possibly there's a better way?

Option 1- Go across Harbor Parade and use the 2nd story overhead covered walkway between what looks like a parking garage to the back of the ASDA building. Is there an entrance/exit to ASDA from this walkway?

Option 2- Go up Fitzhugh St and use the open walkway with the green railing next to the ASDA building until you reach the front corner of the building. But there appears to be an elevation change at the front and with trees etc in the picture I'm not sure if there is a stairway or such to reach the ASDA front entrance.

Is there a better option? Thanks in advance.

I didn't do this myself, but my friend did, and here is her suggestion:

If you are standing in the parking lot of the National Express Station with the building to your back, look to your left (across the street). There is a parking building. Cross the street to the parking building. Take the elevator to the fifth floor. When you exit turn right and walk into the Asda. Easy!

I didn't do this myself, but my friend did, and here is her suggestion:

If you are standing in the parking lot of the National Express Station with the building to your back, look to your left (across the street). There is a parking building. Cross the street to the parking building. Take the elevator to the fifth floor. When you exit turn right and walk into the Asda. Easy!

Pretty well-remembered by your friend. :)

The brick-built multi-storey carpark is opposite the coach entrance, use the white portico.

5th parking level (that's about 2 1/2 storeys) sounds about right but ASDA will surely be marked on the elevator buttons. Takes you to the elevated walkway in this google street-view.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Southampton&aq=&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=9.791821,26.938477&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Southampton,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.905789,-1.409068&spn=0,0.001644&z=19&layer=c&cbll=50.905789,-1.409068&panoid=mmht-COxsx-2xyvwC_kddQ&cbp=12,80.85,,0,0

Seems a strange set-up but this enters the rear the shop, its an entrance for motorists. The main pedestrian entrance is from the street at the front of the shop - but you wouldn't want to walk up that steep path alongside the shop ;)

John Bull

Pretty well-remembered by your friend. :)

She has an amazing memory for directions--and we we just there a few days ago. We stayed in the Novotel and found it extremely convenient and comfortable. If we hadn't been encumbered by so much luggage, we could've walked from the National Express station to our hotel.

Archived