Houston Hobby to Galveston Shuttle?

05mak05

We are flying into Houston Hobby Airport in April for a cruise out of Galveston. We've called the Galveston Port Authority and also the Hobby airport. Neither could give us information on shuttle services. Internet searches turn up fairly pricey limo services. Royal Caribbean tell us that they provide shuttle service out of Geo. Bush International but not from Hobby. Please, can anyone help?

There are several options from Hobby to the port. Have you looked at http://www.galveston.com/ they have some information about transfers. When we cruised last September we used Enterprise rent a car, picked the car up at Hobby dropped it off in Galveston and reverse on our return. I think you need to call the Galvestion office direct for this program. I think the cost was less than $100 for both ways.

• 1 year later...
We are flying into Houston Hobby Airport in April for a cruise out of Galveston. We've called the Galveston Port Authority and also the Hobby airport. Neither could give us information on shuttle services. Internet searches turn up fairly pricey limo services. Royal Caribbean tell us that they provide shuttle service out of Geo. Bush International but not from Hobby. Please, can anyone help?

Try www.platinumlimotx.com this company has competitive rates and very nice vehicles. Using the Galveston shuttle at the airport is crowded and takes to long. We had a luxury sedan for my wife, daughter and I an it was only $170. Thats cheaper than the shuttle

When making a decision on shuttle vs limo you need to:

Call BBB to find out complaints on company

Know the break down of passengers(A flat rate is better if there are more than 3 passengers. Shuttle services charge per person.

Know if you take limo if there is a wait time if you get off ship late.

Know the shuttle schedules from the airport.

The vehicles for shuttles are usually in bad shape

If you take limo service make sure they are permitted with the port of chioce.

These are just some good pointers when looking for transportation.

Archived