Museum of Cosmonautics and Rocket Technology?

Has anyone been to the Museum of Cosmonautics and Rocket Technology in St. Petersburg? DH is a big space nut, and I was thinking this might be a nice treat since we will be in St. Petersburg on his birthday. We have a private tour scheduled for just the two of us, so we have the flexibility to do this if it is worthwhile. Any info anyone has is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm looking forward to our Baltic cruise in August - haven't heard about the museum but I would try a search on Trip Advisor - I've found this a great source of information and reviews.

Val

DH is a big space nut.

Well, in that case, why don't you have a try?

I haven't visted St. Petersburg myself so I cannot comment on that museum but I can say that the Russans are very proud of their space history, and that two temporary Russian space exhibitions in Helsinki back in 1973 and 1984 both held very high class so I have no doubt that the Museum of Cosmonautics and Rocket Technology would be an experience for any space nut.

Also I would like to add for anyone interested that there is a exhibiton "Nasa - a human adventure" at the Stockholm museum of technology (Tekniska Museet) this year including Apollo, Gemini och Mercury capsules.

That museum is located next to the Maritime Museum, about one kilometer straight south of Frihamnen.

Archived