Best way to get from NJ hotel to NYC terminal

We will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem April 15th, 2012 from NYC to the Bahamas. We are staying the night before at the Teaneck Marriott in New Jersey. This is about 12 miles from Manhattan and I was wondering if we are better off driving ourselves to the terminal or leaving our car at the hotel and using a car service to bring us to the cruise? If the car service is the better option can anyone recommend one to use??

First cruise in about 20 years and the first one with kids, age 11, 8 and 8 at the time of sailing. Thanks for any help.

We will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem April 15th, 2012 from NYC to the Bahamas. We are staying the night before at the Teaneck Marriott in New Jersey. This is about 12 miles from Manhattan and I was wondering if we are better off driving ourselves to the terminal or leaving our car at the hotel and using a car service to bring us to the cruise? If the car service is the better option can anyone recommend one to use??

First cruise in about 20 years and the first one with kids, age 11, 8 and 8 at the time of sailing. Thanks for any help.

Drive yourself. $30.00 per day to park. Easy to get to.

I will make a stab at a car service from Teaneck. About $125 to the port and $125 return. Car service crossing state lines (NY/NJ) is NOT cheap and almost not regulated. S

You will spend as much with car service (if not more) and you will have to schlepp luggage in and out of vehicles on both ends in front of the cruise terminal The cruise terminal parking lot is on the roof. Couldn't be easier. Drive up, take out your luggage, take the elevator and check in.

I agree that driving and parking at the terminal would be the easiest and certainly the most cost efficient. The Marriott is right on the turnpike extension and it's only a few miles from there to the GW bridge, then it's a straight shot down the Henry Hudson to the cruise port. You're on a highway the entire trip so you don't feel like it's city driving.

Archived