What are the best vegetarian options on Allure

The main dining room dinner menus always have at least one vegetarian dish, often 2. For fish eaters, they always have either salmon or cod, and usually another fish dish. The MDR on sea days has a wonderful salad bar for lunch (as does Park Cafe).

By strict vegetarian, do you mean your daughter eats ONLY a plant-based diet? If so, she may have to ask before she orders in the main dining room if soups are made with, say, chicken stock base or beef stock base. Also, it is wise to tell your waiter at the meal that your daughter is a strict vegetarian and tell him what that means. I am a vegan and eat no dairy or eggs either, so I appreciate your daughter's challenges.

Do not be surprised if the waiter helpfully offers fish dishes to your daughter. So many waiters believe vegetarians eat fish. They also assume vegetarians eat cheese and even chicken. If your daughter does not eat dairy products such as butter, yoghurt and cheese, her options will be more limited.

What works for me on Allure and Oasis is to eat lots of salads and fruits. I love the Solarium Cafe for breakfast and lunch because there are lots of choices. I also enjoyed Giovanni's Table. The Windjammer Buffet offers many items of interest to vegetarians. Both the Windjammer and the main dining room have a daily veggie curry selection. That has worked well for me.

The Windjammer and MDR almost always have pasta and you can choose the sauce. I really like their tomato sauce.

Park Avenue Cafe, Solarium Cafe and the Windjammer have many salads and salad fixings. If your daughter is a lacto-ovo vegetarian and does eat cheese, she will enjoy the pizzas at Sorrentos. She may find a few things at Rosa's Cantina.

If you have a specific question or food that your daughter wants, it might be easier if you asked me and I will try to recall if it is available on Oasis and Allure.

I found some things to eat at Izumi too. It is a challenge to eat in restaurants such as Izumi that is primarily fish and Chops that is primarily meat, but if you are willing to choose a rather offbeat selection of foods for your meal, you can manage. I eat a plant-based diet but have never gone hungry on a cruise ship.

I hope your family has a wonderful time on Allure and find it to be an amazing and unforgettable experience.

• 9 months later...

Heavy Surf,

I noticed that you mention that you are Vegan. I am as well and will be cruising on the Allure at the end of he month. You mentioned that you like Giovanni's table. What did you have there? I wanted to make a reservation but I didn't see much for me on the menu. thanks!

Archived