LGA Hotels

Looking for suggestions for unique lodging in LGA area that has a shuttle to the airport under $150.00 a night,2 people/ 2beds, staying for just one night. I'm already aware of the LGA airport hotel and chains like Marriott and Crowne Plaza. These type of places would work of course but we would prefer something special. Any ideas???

Looking for suggestions for unique lodging in LGA area that has a shuttle to the airport under $150.00 a night,2 people/ 2beds, staying for just one night. I'm already aware of the LGA airport hotel and chains like Marriott and Crowne Plaza. These type of places would work of course but we would prefer something special. Any ideas???

you might try the hampton inn new york - la guardia airport.

"unique" means what? Bed and breakfast? a place that hookers hang out? The Crown Plaza is a decent hotel....for an airport. If its a b and b place probably no shuttle. You need a large hotel to support paying for a shuttle or it will cost much more...imo....

...obviously means different things to different people. My daughter and I are not interested in "a place that hookers hang out"! A B&B would be nice but I am aware that they usually do not have a shuttle service. Though my daughter and I live in Idaho we are not totally naive, but we are unfamiliar with Manhattan/NYC area. Having traveled quite a bit, visited all 50 states and a few foreign countries I have stayed in many hotel chains and many "unique" lodging situations, such as B&B's, vacation rentals, tents, cabins... We would like to stay in a place that we can utilize public transportation easily to see the sites of the city/cities, be safe and not spend a lot of money on the place we will sleep that we would rather spend on exploring the city.

What dates are you looking at? Quite frankly at the airports you want to stick with hotels folks have had experience with. A "unique" hotel experience in NY might not be the positive experience you are looking for.

Are you committed to staying at LGA? You're sailing out of Bayonne. There are other areas between Bayonne and LGA where you could stay.

...obviously means different things to different people. My daughter and I are not interested in "a place that hookers hang out"! A B&B would be nice but I am aware that they usually do not have a shuttle service. Though my daughter and I live in Idaho we are not totally naive, but we are unfamiliar with Manhattan/NYC area. Having traveled quite a bit, visited all 50 states and a few foreign countries I have stayed in many hotel chains and many "unique" lodging situations, such as B&B's, vacation rentals, tents, cabins... We would like to stay in a place that we can utilize public transportation easily to see the sites of the city/cities, be safe and not spend a lot of money on the place we will sleep that we would rather spend on exploring the city.

I actually didn't think you wanted a place that hookers hang out but that would be a unique experience...in any case, for NY and Public transportation $150 will be a real challenge. The W hotel chain is unique experience high class but much more expensive. Most unique experiences are. there are a number of hotels like Holiday Inn expresses and that class of hotel in brooklyn that are available in the $150 range in safe but marginal neighborhoods that would meet your requirements for definitely being unique if not bohemian. So is the Chelsea hotel in Manhattan. the Nu-hotel in Brooklyn, close to Manhattan is also unique...but probably clser to $200 per night. Getting to Manhattan is easy and using a car service to Bayonne would probably work as well....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60827-d1103707-Reviews-NU_Hotel-Brooklyn_New_York.html

Archived