Luggage Checks!

Sailing on the Jewel out of NYC. We are driving to port since we live barely an hour away. This is my first cruise so I am not familiar with customes/security. Are bags checked prior to getting on the ship? Are people searched? Not that I want to smuggle anything on board, I just don't want people rummaging through my undies!! LOL

Your luggage is scanned with an x-ray machine; if they see something they don't like Security will hold your luggage in the "naughty room" and you will be inform you to go there to open it and deal with whatever.

You and your carry-on are screened like at the airports, cept no body scans or massages.

Security screening is not TSA, but could be Port Authority or private company.

Your luggage is scanned with an x-ray machine; if they see something they don't like Security will hold your luggage in the "naughty room" and you will be inform you to go there to open it and deal with whatever.

You and your carry-on are screened like at the airports, cept no body scans or massages.

Security screening is not TSA, but could be Port Authority or private company.

And you don't have to take your shoes off! :)

Not that I want to smuggle anything on board, I just don't want people rummaging through my undies!! LOL

This is not cruise related but had to tell this little story. Last year some very good friends of ours (another couple) went with my DH and I to Mexico. As we were going through customs going into Mexico, the male half of our couple friend said, "I hope they don't check our luggage - I just HATE having people rifling through my things." Well, guess what...they checked his bag and then let the other 3 of us through without touching our stuff!:D We had a good laugh at his expense.

Your luggage is taken by the porters at the curb just like at an airport..they go through their own security measures..your carry on bags go through a scanner just like at an airport as well..Security will go through your luggage and your undies..but you won't be present when they do it:D Security is looking for alcohol and other contraban..remember there are at least a couple thousand pieces of luggage they are going through on every cruise..they do it pretty quickly considering..

Archived