Couple of Carnival documents questions..

jjdmom8

Ok, we are cruising in 19 days..we will have a friend of my child joining us on this trip.. We all have passports but she does not have one. I know that she can sail using her birth certificate, here is one of my questions. Her birth certificate does have the required seal, but it is very worn and the seal is difficult to see. Will it be acceptable? Also, is there anything else we need from her parents? (permission to sail?) thanks in advance for all your help. I want to make sure I have everything needed so embarkation will be a breeze..

Hi,

Her birth certificate should be okay. You will need a notorized letter from her parents. Stating you have their permission to take their child out of the country. Make sure the letter is very detailed in what countries their daughter will visit. In this same letter you will need their permission to seek medical care in case it is needed. I hope this helps.

Neworleanscruiser

Thanks! She lives with her Dad due to some unfortuanate issues with her Mom.. so I will only be able to get a letter from her Dad, gotta hope that works!

If he has sole custody, with court papers saying so, you should bring a copy of those papers along with this notarized letter. If he doesn't have any official documents, then you will also need a letter from the girl's mom... or she may not get to go!

You'll need that notarized letter from both parents, unless the father has sole custody. If that is the case then bring all the court documents you can.

Better safe than sorry when it comes to this situation, and you cannot bring too many pieces of paper.

Archived