St Kitts Car Rental/License ???"s

CaribbeanCrazy

Has anyone rented a car on St Kitts recently that could tell me how much the license cost for one day. I have read you need to purchase a local drivers license to rent a car...but the only price I have seen for this is $20.00 which is good for 3 months. I would hope this isn't the price for one day!:(

Actually less than one day...more like 6 hours.

Does anyone have a clue...on what the charge is???

Also I was wondering if anyone has used the local bus system to get around. Do you know if it goes to the southern end of the island? Is there somewhere I can get a bus schedule?

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

CaribbeanCrazy

The cost of a visitors drivers license is EC$62.50 (US41=EC$2.70) and it is valid for 3 months. There is no 1 day license.

The bus system does not offer transportation to the Southeast end of the island (i.e the Frigate Bay and Southeast Peninsula). If you need to get out there you will need to take a taxi, rent a car or scooter, or take a water taxi. The buses do not have a published schedule. They leave the bus terminals when they fill up or when they have the minimum number that is needed to make the trip. Most times you will find that at least one bus makes a trip at least every 15-30 minutes. At peak times you will find that the frequency of the trips is increased.

Amicia Mussenden

Your Online Guide to St. Kitts and Nevis

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Archived