yet one more beverage question..

We are cruising to Alaska on Rhapsody of the Seas. I am considering/debating still on purchasing the beverage package... but this is my question. If I purchase the package for the soda....

I understand that I will be getting my soda from a fountain dispenser but do I serve myself or is it through the bar... and if it is through the bar than does that mean that I will be charged the automatic tipping each and everytime? How do I pay the tip? With cash right away or do they charge the account? For a drink that costs about 3.00 (my guess) that is about 50cents each time... and I just don't want to be a goober on board... My thinking is that if it is unlimited and self serve with no tip involved then I will purchase it and go crazy and have fun.. I can substitute my cold morning coffee drink for the soda to get me through the day... .but if it is tipping involved each and every time then I can limit myself and get by...

This is my very first cruise ever and I am on a budget so I have to be careful about my spending..but i also want to do what is correct...

Here is another thought... in the ports of Juneau and Skagway are there little stores that sell soda or is it really expensive there too?

I am willing to purchase a few sodas for the next couple days as I just need one ... maybe two is we stay up late ;) to get me through the day.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you very much!

Also, Skagway and Juneau both have stores where you can pick up soda to bring on board. But really the soda package is a great deal. If you do find yourself frequenting the same lounge all the time, and you find a waiter that really takes care of you (making sure your soda glass is never empty) then you might want to tip extra at the end of the cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

If you plan to drink 3+ cans (or the equivilent) of soda each day, the soda package is worth it. If you drink less than that, either bring some of your own, or just buy a can (which equals 2 glasses) and costs $2.24 per can.

Archived