Just got back, going again 8/1/05 on the Sensation

RDangerIII

Just got back from Majahual (the little fishing village). Thanks to this board, it was a blast. It's just like the little Mexican villages you see in old movies. Dirt road, little cantina's and restaurants. Probably what Cozumel looked like many years ago. You can walk down the street and find just about anything you want to buy. Bargaining is normal here. They have a big Boot shop but most of the places are small tables set up on the street. Like one long flea market. We decided to head straight to Pez Quadro at the end of town. Took a taxi at the port. We were a little unsure because the Taxi doesn't say it was going to Maruhaul, it says it goes to the Little Fishing Village. Oh well we bought our tickets, $3.00 per person and the driver charged us an extra dollar to go the extra 200 yards to Pez Quadro. No problem. Once we got there we met one of the owners who said it was true. $25.00 all you can drink. We were in!!! Don't be shy if they have it behind the bar they will give it to ya. They make great margarita's and frozen drinks. They have ice cold beer and are really nice people. We also ordered some food from the restaurant across the street and had it brought over to our tables on the beach. The platters fed about 9 of us and it cost about $38.00 US. Very good and very filling. Some of us had massages on the tables they have on the beach. Everyone who had a massage thought it was fantastic. 30 minutes for $20.00 US. I guess that's it for now, we loved it and can't wait to get back. If you go, tell them Rick with the band Four Unplugged sent ya and he will be back with a big group in the First of August. Hope this helps if you want any more info, just leave a message here and I'll reply. C'ya, Ricky

Thanks for posting. I'm really looking forward to this stop our our cruise in September. We just returned from a Mexico cruise and stopped in Zihuatanejo which is also a small fishing village. We had a great time and hope to have the same experiance in Costa Maya!

Just got back from Majahual (the little fishing village). Thanks to this board, it was a blast. It's just like the little Mexican villages you see in old movies. Dirt road, little cantina's and restaurants. Probably what Cozumel looked like many years ago. You can walk down the street and find just about anything you want to buy. Bargaining is normal here. They have a big Boot shop but most of the places are small tables set up on the street. Like one long flea market. We decided to head straight to Pez Quadro at the end of town. Took a taxi at the port. We were a little unsure because the Taxi doesn't say it was going to Maruhaul, it says it goes to the Little Fishing Village. Oh well we bought our tickets, $3.00 per person and the driver charged us an extra dollar to go the extra 200 yards to Pez Quadro. No problem. Once we got there we met one of the owners who said it was true. $25.00 all you can drink. We were in!!! Don't be shy if they have it behind the bar they will give it to ya. They make great margarita's and frozen drinks. They have ice cold beer and are really nice people. We also ordered some food from the restaurant across the street and had it brought over to our tables on the beach. The platters fed about 9 of us and it cost about $38.00 US. Very good and very filling. Some of us had massages on the tables they have on the beach. Everyone who had a massage thought it was fantastic. 30 minutes for $20.00 US. I guess that's it for now, we loved it and can't wait to get back. If you go, tell them Rick with the band Four Unplugged sent ya and he will be back with a big group in the First of August. Hope this helps if you want any more info, just leave a message here and I'll reply. C'ya, Ricky

Ricky It seem that you didn't have to pre book the beach break with costamayacruiseexcursions at Pez quadro's is this true? you just walked

up to the tiki bar and they allowed you to purchase the all drink inclusive from them without going through the above tour operator? The reason I ask is we are doing a boat snorkel with costamayacruiseexcursions but I wasn't sure if

we wanted to do the beach break aka all drink inclusive at Pes Quadro's or not but if we can purchase it right at the bar we may just do that. If you can let me know I would appreciate it and thanks for the review...Theresa

Tshupp - First off we just walked up the bar and said we wanted to purchase the all you can drink, paid our $25.00 and wound up sitting there and enjoying the day. Had lunch and messages and never left the beach.

Nanette - Our travel agency http://www.myvipcruises.com has some kind of deal going where if you book before 4/9/2005, for around $210.00 you can have all you can drink on the ship. Believe me I'm getting that card!!!

if you have any other questions just e-mail me at rick@fourunplugged.com

Archived