Country Inn and Suites at Hobby airport Cruise & Stay package

BCNlady

I've seen this package at Country Inn and Suites at Hobby airport.

It includes transportation to and from the Galveston Port.

Has anyone any experience?

Could we trust the port-airport shuttle?

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked this hotel with the cruise shuttle package for our August cruise.

I'm a little concerned with how the port to hotel shuttle will work although the hotel staff are very helpful and re-assuring.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has used this hotel/shuttle as well.

:)

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise and stay at the Country Inn and Suites and thought I would share our experience.

The hotel was great - very clean and staff were friendly. There isn't much around the hotel but it is located very close to the airport with a free shuttle.

The shuttle to the port was great - we had arranged a date/time for him to pick us up and he was there as scheduled.

The cost was just under $200 which included the 1 nights stay, shuttle to/from the port, breakfast, and shuttle to the airport. Our friends were also able to leave their car there for the week without additional cost.

• 5 months later...
Just returned from our cruise and stay at the Country Inn and Suites and thought I would share our experience.

The hotel was great - very clean and staff were friendly. There isn't much around the hotel but it is located very close to the airport with a free shuttle.

The shuttle to the port was great - we had arranged a date/time for him to pick us up and he was there as scheduled.

The cost was just under $200 which included the 1 nights stay, shuttle to/from the port, breakfast, and shuttle to the airport. Our friends were also able to leave their car there for the week without additional cost.

What time did you get to the port and what time did they pick up up to go to the airport? thanks.

I didn't stay at Country Inn & Suites, but at La Quinta (right next door), with a similar package. It was a great deal. Getting to and from Houston Hobby to Galveston (in and of itself) isn't cheap. This package provides transfer to the hotel, a night's stay, breakfast, then a transfer to the pier, then back to the airport or hotel. There isn't a lot to do in the area, but it's a great deal.

We are booking with Country Inn & suites with our upcoming cruise. Country has better ratings than La Quinta as a whole.

• 2 months later...
I can not find the information on Country Inn's website. Do I need to call the hotel directly?

I called the hotel directly and was told they no longer do this package but if I already booked they would honor it. Too bad, it sounded like a great deal. Looking to book the Magic for next year but hesitant because of the travel to the port. This room/transfer deal would have made me pull the trigger on the cruise.

Archived