Roatan Excursion Ideas

4cats1house

You might be able to arrange something like this on your own. Roatan is somewhat of a still developing area but we went to Tabyana Beach and its gorgeous! The taxi driver offered to make stops in and around town if we wanted to shop and there was a point with a scenic 2 tier observation deck that looked toward the bay where they would stop. It cost a few dollars if you wanted to go in and they came through what there was of the town. They also passed the zip line area and although you may not be looking to do that, you could have them stop and take pictures. When we went to Tabyana Beach it was in West Bay and they charged us $25 each as we just wanted a beach and a place to swim, snorkel, and get drinks. Banarama is the name of a resort there and its really nice and just down the way from snorkeling. You might ask them about doing a little tour of sites and then end up at West End for the beach. I saw a site on line for Roatan that tours this west end and charges $25 and ends up at the beach & lasts 4 hours. However the taxi driver may be able to do the same type of tour for you and you might get more time with them for the same cost.

We toured with Victor Bodden tours and his guide Tex back in Nov 09. It was my friend and me $40.00 each. We had a private tour van and were able to do anything we wanted. It was one of the best tours I've ever done. You can google Victor Bodden and check out his website. There are ideas on there plus you can email him and ask for suggestions. There aren't any ruins that I'm aware of on the island.

Archived