Cruising on Monday, Please help me with Cozumel

wintercolor

This will be our second cruise and we are taking the Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise. Last time, I was so organized and well informed thanks to people from Cruisecritic. But one of my spinal disc popped out on Memorial day and everything that I had planned on finding out took a backseat. So here I am hoping for some guidance and help.

We are looking to do something easy in Cozumel. We are a group of 6 with two kids aged 5 and 10. I also have my parents with me and my dad cannot walk very well. So we were thinking of taking a cab and going somewhere nearby and spending the day there.

Where can we go? Would you recommend a beach? I am assuming it will be super hot at this time. Or is there any other tourist place that we can see that will give us a taste of Mexico?

Those of you who have taken a cab, do you negotiate the rate or is there any pre-fixed rate? What other aspects do I need to be aware of? Any suggestion or tips will be greatly appreciated.

For a short notice beach day I can recommand Paradise Beach. New pool, good food, water toys for children of all ages, lots of shade and chairs with a very good staff. About a $15 taxi ride for a family. Taxi prices are fixed and posted at the terminal.

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe on our first cruise. Great beach, good food, drinks, stuff for kids to play on (water trampoline, iceberg) kayaks, beach volleyball. And for the older folks a nice bar/restaurant area, swimming pool, and beach chairs.

chankanaab national park is easy, safe, clean and have a protected cove for the littles ones to swim in. my son spent hours snorkleing and searching the rocks for little fishies. they have great service and the grandparents can sit and relax.

www.cozumelparks.com

I love Chankanaab and have gone there all 3 stops in Cozumel. It's a short taxi ride (not sure which port you're arriving in). Taxis are very reasonable and they are waiting when you want to return to the ship. They have umbrellas and chairs on the beach and a restaurant. There is a charge to get in, but I don't remember it being much. They also have dolphin, sea lion and manatee swims. I've done all three and liked the manatee swim the best. http://www.cozumelparks.com

We went to paradise beach on one of our trips to Cozumel. There wasn't any charge to get in, but if you wanted to use the water toys, etc. you needed to buy an wrist band. Lots of trees to sit under and no charge for the chairs so long as you bought food or drink. One recommendation is to make sure you know which pier you are at when you go to get a taxi back. We just asked the driver who dropped us off.

I suggest Paradise Beach. It's a short taxi ride and they don't charge an entrance fee, so if you just spend a few hours there, you won't feel like you got ripped off. Chairs and umbrellas are $2 and they have great water toys that the kids can play on--you'll pay $12 for access to these.

There's a new pool and their food is wonderful--be sure to order the guacamole and coconut shrimp.

We've gone to Paradise Beach 3 times, and would go back in a heartbeat if our upcoming cruise were to Cozumel. Here's the website: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

For a short notice beach day I can recommand Paradise Beach. New pool, good food, water toys for children of all ages, lots of shade and chairs with a very good staff. About a $15 taxi ride for a family. Taxi prices are fixed and posted at the terminal.

Exactly right, do this, gets my vote 100% especially with kids:)

Another vote for Paradise Beach. We've been several times - they are now charging for the lounge chairs, I think it was a whopping $2/person. Cheap enough. The wrist bands are another $12 I think - they're for all the water toys. Fabulous food (best guacamole ever, I'd go just for that). New pool with lounge chairs in the water. Love it, will be there again in August and December.

Some girlfriends and I went to Cozumel in January. We booked Mr. Sanchos beach break all inclusive. I booked it online for about $35. It is all inclusive so all the food and drinks you can have. The beach is great and for a little extra they have great big water toys in a roped off area that looked like great fun. The people there were very nice and we found the service to be very good.

Try Playa Azul ! Small but not crowded with free use of the pool and facilities. 12 to 15 buck cab fare. Wonderful view :) Restaurant as well as the tiki hut are fair priced .

Google is your friend ;)

Went this March with 2 adults and 2 seniors on our cruise. Did Nochi Cocum, an all inclusive for $49 per adult, not sure how much for children. Very very nice, You will get your own area and own server with plenty of shade, so you could just relax. Includes all of your drinks and a 3 course lunch. I had wings, grilled grouper and flan for dessert. They had great drinks, Miami Vice, Sex on the Beach as well as beer, pop and wine. The older gals really enjoyed it, on our first round of drinks they brought two of each. The ladies said, now what are we going to do, we said drink um! They did and it was a great day. Good luck and have a nice cruise. Lydia of Ohio

Another vote for Paradise beach. Very nice, clean, safe and good food at reasonable prices.

There is a nice covered with fans bar and dining area if your parents want to get out of the sun. You will need a van for 6, can get one where the taxis are, prob around $20 plus tip each way.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I myself was in an accident involving a big rig before the same exact cruise (same ship/itinerary) a few weeks before we were scheduled to leave, this was almost 4 years ago, and I have several herniated discs because of it. That time we went to Chankanaab and had already paid to do the dolphin excursion. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it, but I managed - it wasn't physically demanding at all. We just got back from Ecstasy just last week and this time we went shopping downtown, and after that went to Mr. Sancho's. I'm not sure that it's the best beachfront, I haven't been to any of the other places yet, and also it started raining a few minutes after we got there. :/ Despite that, the restaurant was good, and they did have an adult pool in addition to a smaller kid's pool. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, I know it is horrible being injured and not being able to enjoy your vacation to its fullest.

Archived