Livorno Wine Tasting - on our own?

koalagurl

Hi all! I am trying to figure out if this is possible for us to do...

We are a family with 2 small children, and would like to do a very brief stop in Pisa (kids really want to see this) and then wine tasting / lunch somewhere.

As a default, I know I can book Rome in Limo or similar "full day" type car hire / tour service. But with the kids, I am not sure we want to do a full 8 hour day. Or pay for the full 8 hours.

My question is, is there someone similar to Rome in Limo who can do maybe a 1/2 day tour? OR, is there a simple way to do this on our own? I don't mind paying a bit more to have the convenience of a "private" tour, I just don't want the full 8 hours.

Thanks!

Hi all! I am trying to figure out if this is possible for us to do...

We are a family with 2 small children, and would like to do a very brief stop in Pisa (kids really want to see this) and then wine tasting / lunch somewhere.

As a default, I know I can book Rome in Limo or similar "full day" type car hire / tour service. But with the kids, I am not sure we want to do a full 8 hour day. Or pay for the full 8 hours.

My question is, is there someone similar to Rome in Limo who can do maybe a 1/2 day tour? OR, is there a simple way to do this on our own? I don't mind paying a bit more to have the convenience of a "private" tour, I just don't want the full 8 hours.

Thanks!

Personalize your tour by plotting out where you would like to go and for how long; contact Rome in Limo and ask for a quote.

Yes, thank you. I have already communicated with Jany, and she said they only price based on a full day tour.

I am not even sure if it is possible to do what I am asking (e.g. can we do a quick stop in Pisa, and are there any wineries for tasting / lunch relatively nearby.) And if so, if anyone offers more of a 1/2 day type tour.

We landed up doing a ship tour to Lucca and then a wine tasting. It was 5.5 hours at a cost of $119 per person.

We drove to Lucca and then walked around for about 1.5 hours. It's very pretty and very walkable.

We then headed to a small winery, had a tour and then sampled some wines and had a light lunch.

Here's a couple of links for tour operators that specifically offer 1/2 day tours.

http://www.tuscanytours.net/index.php?from-livorno

http://www.romeconnection.com/tours-sightseeing/withyourkids/

Archived